Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Duckett Rods Sale

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just passing the deal along. No affiliation. Duckett is having a 50 percent off sale. For 80 bucks these are an absolute steel. A quality blank, fuji guides with alconite rings! Perfect for the kayak without spending 200-300. 

They rate these medium to heavy on the spinning. No line or lure rating. Think 2-3 oz lure for the heavy. These medium and medium heavy are excellent all around Bass, Albies, and Blue rods.

Terry Nugent from Riptide had em on 50lb class Tuna the other day. Thats tested.

3755C27C-F566-4C29-A689-BAC1BB8FDF9D.png

Edited by The Riddler

On 7/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, passiton said:

I’ve fished these rods on Terry’s boat before and liked them.  Thanks for the heads up!

For the money you can't go wrong. 

31 mins ago, ermghoti said:

It sounds like you consider those ratings on the light side though.

For me and bass yes. Only because I am tossing 14" rubber weightless 2oz, add a jig head some are almost 3oz. 

Maybe off topic but doesnt seem like theyd be good for fluking given the action (correct me if I'm wrong). Recent convert to fluking with baitcasters out of a yak due to how easy it is to pay out line and am looking for a nice rod for that purpose.

Looking at 7'6" for my son. 

We tend to throw the lighter side way more, about 1/2-3/4 oz, but I'd like this rod to be able to toss some SP minnow or a 1.5oz popper or  or similar when needed too.   

Really not sure, MH or H.    I dont have a place to try one, so anyone with thoughts/experience in the 76 in terms of what they throw well/range would be greatly apprecaited.