Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Red Bank Fireworks 2022?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Anyone known if they are shooting anything on the 2nd? Some years they shoot them from the park on West Front Street, but I can't find anything about this year. Anyone hear anything?

It was always on the 3rd, and officially it has not happened for many years. However some of the bigger bank accounts down the river in rumson hire a company that that does a private show.

So to answer your question, it would not be publicized but it will most likely happen

Yep. Been seeing it on Saturdays of the weekend unexpectedly over the past few years. First time was a complete surprise. Can't find any public info on it.

And by bigger bank accounts, I guess your mean KOQ, but I called and he denies any knowledge!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ah, the days past when Red Bank on the Navesink had fireworks and powerboat races. :cry:

Their use to be a water ski jump in the middle of the river unattended. Step up and try your luck.:laugh:

Edited by JMB

Just now, cleatis said:

My old man raced speed skiffs there.  I remember him racing in shark river one year also. 

You and @Kml families probably know each other

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Yep. Been seeing it on Saturdays of the weekend unexpectedly over the past few years. First time was a complete surprise. Can't find any public info on it.

And by bigger bank accounts, I guess your mean KOQ, but I called and he denies any knowledge!

Stay off my lawn! :squid:

39 mins ago, Tom T said:

You and @Kml families probably know each other

My brother is still doing fun stuff with the skiff guys but no longer racing. Roll cage retired. Just a fun boat now, and it is fun.

JS47 Turning Point

Just saw a barge heading up the river. I would expect that there will some fireworks tonight. I am sure that Barnacle Bills would be a good viewing location. Or just walk out onto the Oceanic bridge. 

One year they closed the bridge to car traffic and let people just walk out onto the road. Not sure what it will look like this year.