pressphotog

July 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

389 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

While we piss/moan over photos of fish on the beach, please remember on this July 4 weekend it’s guys like this that allow us to do so. 

D8FF7E55-59FC-49E0-8564-E2D5F5CFDDD2.jpeg

Then and now. They're the reason... My Grandfather was 82nd Airborne.. he was there..

10 hours ago, mr. mr said:

It was nice meeting you and sharing a tide last night. Just some good ol fashioned July bassin’ in Jersey!!

Same, man. Appreciate you sharing the spot. Ill let you know next time Im down. And keep me posted the next time you see that particular bite We were talking about. Goodluck Wednesday 

Just came off  the. Breach one18 one short fluke threw both back …white gulp on the hilo no bugs all on the high hook . Looks like the beach is dumbed up with way to many people ..some are swimming in no swim zone ,.. sandy hook and island beech state park must zen closed,.. two dozen people waiting to get on beech and did want to pay the daily fee.. never seen this many people on this fishing beech …from a. Couple of people  to a few hundred people,

5 hours ago, MC55 said:

Wow, am I a magnet for controversy or what? :sarc:  I'll have to come up with something for August to make it three months in a row! :wee:

Wanna borrow my gaff? 

Went out and tried to beat the holiday clowns today and had a mediocre day on the fluke grounds on the kayak. Lot more bait showing up that’s for sure. The cownose rays have made their presence. Seen some big ones in huge groups in the RB. Water was 75 end of outgoing. That’s when the summer doldrums start to kick in for me and when we all start gearing for pelagics. Gonna try some new water spots from here out and try some new tactics. Happy 4th everyone!!

2 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Went out and tried to beat the holiday clowns today and had a mediocre day on the fluke grounds on the kayak. Lot more bait showing up that’s for sure. The cownose rays have made their presence. Seen some big ones in huge groups in the RB. Water was 75 end of outgoing. That’s when the summer doldrums start to kick in for me and when we all start gearing for pelagics. Gonna try some new water spots from here out and try some new tactics. Happy 4th everyone!!

Yes. Cow nose targeting begins!!

i was at the beach today. Absolutely mobbed. Had the kid. Dug some sand fleas for fun.  Just way to crowded.  I was greeted by a bass feeding as i caught a glimpse of it in the wash.   

Target time for cownose on light gear. 

11 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

While we piss/moan over photos of fish on the beach, please remember on this July 4 weekend it’s guys like this that allow us to do so. 

D8FF7E55-59FC-49E0-8564-E2D5F5CFDDD2.jpeg

Pause for a minute tomorrow, count your blessings

Saw this earlier in the week, from People mag.

For nearly 80 years, World War II veteran and D-Day survivor William "Willie" Kellerman hadn't received official recognition of his sacrifices due to a paperwork error. That changed on Tuesday, when the 97-year-old was presented with a Purple Heart, Bronze Star and Prisoner of War Medal by Gen. James C. McConville, the Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, at Fort Hamilton Community Club in Brooklyn, New York.

Good Job Mr. Kellerman. As you said without them, things could be a lot more different.

Now back to the bitching.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:50 AM, MC55 said:

Was pleasantly surprised at the conditions out there this morning.  Was expecting flat low water but the surf was rolling some nice white water in spots.  It was rather chilly and not as crystal clear as it has been but looked fishy.  Made the walk and started out July on a high note.  Found 6 with a 28, a 30 and a 31 incher in the mix.  Back out on Monday.

DSCF3940.JPG

DSCF3945.JPG

MC 55 Which Savage rod is that?

Got a fat 31" outfront incoming today. Missed 2 others. Super conditions, very easy to read clean water in moco.

4 mins ago, MC55 said:

As @KrocFoot said, super conditions out there this morning in the low water.  Guess we must be seeing a bit of the swell from the tropical storm cause the surf was rolling at times.  Water has warmed and is back to gin clear but still not seeing any swim bait anywhere.  Found 7 with 3 at 27 inches, all humanly release swimming away happily.  They asked not to be photographed so I obliged.

No photos, it didn't happen! Nice try.

BTW, Happy 4th.

12 hours ago, Blackheart16 said:

MC 55 Which Savage rod is that?

It's a 7' 7" medium heavy fast.  Very light weight and great for the class of fish we normally catch.  Works well for tossing light stuff like the bugs.

Cape May County. Back bay in kayak. Water very dirty and to the touch still somewhat chilly ( near low tide). Bigger fish last couple trips seem to only want gulp shrimp for me. The two below not safely released

88C71B20-4254-4EC8-9B75-AF143D162051.jpeg