HugeDinghy

What do you have going this weekend?

Rate this topic

413 posts in this topic

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

Nice. I assume he’s been lifting all along though? I’m my day we couldn’t have organized activities until mid august ( outside of spring ball).  

He plays wide receiver mostly so no he hasn't. Lol. He's running1-3 miles couple times a week with his older brother who likes to run. Get his cardio up. He's a freshman this fall. Him being there and seeing the upper class men has him motivated. 

Agree in the early 90s it definitely started mid August. 

For him it actually started this week. July is weight training for an 1 1/2 hour then a practice without pads. I don't think they suit up until first or 2 week of August. I'd have to check the calendar. These practices are optional but he wants to do it so my wife and I will do our best to get him there. Couple other players parents are helping with pickups and drop offs. 

8 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

He plays wide receiver mostly so no he hasn't. Lol. He's running1-3 miles couple times a week with his older brother who likes to run. Get his cardio up. He's a freshman this fall. Him being there and seeing the upper class men has him motivated. 

Agree in the early 90s it definitely started mid August. 

For him it actually started this week. July is weight training for an 1 1/2 hour then a practice without pads. I don't think they suit up until first or 2 week of August. I'd have to check the calendar. These practices are optional but he wants to do it so my wife and I will do our best to get him there. Couple other players parents are helping with pickups and drop offs. 

Good times. Enjoy. 

9 hours ago, makorider said:

My initial thought was that sounds like a great time, finished reading and seems you have a solid plan :howdy:

9 hours ago, JaseB said:

I predict one mid day drunk gets out of hand, we fight over something stupid and she doesn't talk to me for the rest of the trip.  Maybe if I try hard I can do that on the first full day. 

Opening salvo has been fired.  Our good friends are in the middle of a divorce.....

"If I tell you something Susan told me on the phone last night, will you promise not to tell Mark?"

"Sure, but can you give me the abbreviated version?"

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

Opening salvo has been fired.  Our good friends are in the middle of a divorce.....

"If I tell you something Susan told me on the phone last night, will you promise not to tell Mark?"

you could also try a disinterested sounding “that sounds nice” 

12 hours ago, rocco said:

mrs rocco and i have the vid. roccetre started with symptoms this morning, so looks like the worst hbd america ever for us. :beers: 

Sorry man, that sucks.

8 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Recovering from chemotherapy today. Lynrd skinard concert tomorrow night. Sunday & Monday no idea.

All the best Mike

2 hours ago, JaseB said:

Attaboy.

52 mins ago, JMB said:

Sorry man, that sucks.

just slowing us down a bit and might as well get it over with all at the same time before summer travel plans happen.

$60 worth of beef short ribs.  Ought to feed the 2 of us with left overs for 1 meal to split and still be hungry. 

17 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Got invited to a beach house with another family. Wife volunteered me to cook dinner for everyone Sunday. They don't know it yet, but the menu will be locally sourced... "Stuffies", fried kingfish w/ mojo de ajo, and bang-bang softshell sandfleas. Planning to spend the next two days drinking beer and coercing people into helping me catch everything we need. :beers:

Wait.....sandfleas?