ErikT

Yo Nessmuk! What’s up with air travel?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

How many people have been having flights cancelled the last 30 days?  I see it on the news and it’s apparently due to staffing issues and not enough pilots? Air traffic controller issue in JAX? 

anyway, last week I was through security in MKE and they cancelled my United flight into EWR.  I scrambled with my companies travel agency and they got me to ATL and then Philly via Delta. Two great flights but I didn’t get home until 3 AM Thursday. I left Sun Prairie WI at 1:30 PM central. Lol 

crazy 

Edited by ErikT

My daughter was supposed to be on a 5:40 am PHL to BHM 2 weeks ago and be at work 7pm that night. 4am on the way to airport I ask her to check what terminal and she finds flight canceled with no notification.

We pulled over and started looking online and found no other flights to BHM available that day. Finally found a flight leaving 1pm into Atlanta and a rental car. Booked that and it ended up delayed until a 5:40 flight that put her in too late to make it to work. Have been hearing it’s bad but first time she was affected that bad.

How much longer until they look for bailouts.............again. We gave them all a shitton of money back in 2008. All they did was put it all in their own pockets without fixing a broken system. And here we are again. 

I say not one cent.

Flight from Boston to Orlando in December was delayed hours because pilot I’d rather drive and that’s saying a lot

used to love flying, no more

1 hour ago, CATCHnRELEASE said:

Use a bicycle and stop bitching.

Please crawl off and die.  

What isn't effed up? Sections of ER's are closed fairly often due to staffing issues.

Made it to Atlanta a week ago Sunday.  Eating lunch got the text flight to Albuquerque was cancelled.  Delta said they could get me there on Tuesday.  We use Concur who was able to get me on Southwest the next morning through Dallas Love.  At least I got there.

Cabo 

Posted (edited) · Report post

JimP do not worry, you will be dead LONG before I will.

Stupid, old, fat and ugly and wrinkled bitch.

RIP.

Edited by CATCHnRELEASE