shaller

Tsunami Airwave Elite Light? Anyone have time on this rod?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I just noticed a new Tsunami Airwave elite "Light" rod. I only picked it up briefly and it seemed to have some decent components and is priced right. Anyone use this rod or have any info on it? Just a lighter version of the same blank as the older airwave elite or a redesign? The 8.5ft version intrigues me. Thanks in advance.

I am also interested in this.

Is the AWE 8’8” discontinued and replaced by the 8’6” LT!

The LT is the only one listed on their web site.

I have the 8ft,  use it for back bay/north shore LI schoolies, fluke, and albies. I throw lightweight bucktails, metals, and small top water offerings like jumpin minnows and super spooks. Thing is absolutely weightless and just a pleasure to fish with. 

I have the 8’6 paired with vr50 and also 4000 stradic.  Both reels work fine and a nice light setup for plugging.  Good all around beach rod for fishing.

I have a couple of the 8'8" TSAWESS-882M rods, I think they are awesome.

The endless river still shows them as available , though for a lot more than when i got mine......

For any smaller fish, blues, albies spanish macs, I switch to a smaller shimano 3000 .   You can cast this all day and never get fatigued….   An absolute nice set up and my favorite.

Anyone able to find the weight on these rods?  Also intrigued in the 8'6 for albies, flounder, and back bay stuff.  

I picked up the 8ft 6 late last week. I got the 8ft 6 trophy II at the same time. I might do a comparison of both of them. 

Their max rating is an ounce apart but they feel a lot closer than that. That being said, the trophy II is a steal at $80. 

1 hour ago, shaller said:

I picked up the 8ft 6 late last week. I got the 8ft 6 trophy II at the same time. I might do a comparison of both of them. 

Their max rating is an ounce apart but they feel a lot closer than that. That being said, the trophy II is a steal at $80. 

Would be curious to hear how they compare. Was looking into the AWE LT but I already have the 8’6” Trophy II and I’m very happy with it. Pairs perfect with a Spinfisher VI 4500 on it. 

20 mins ago, iwantmypie said:

Would be curious to hear how they compare. Was looking into the AWE LT but I already have the 8’6” Trophy II and I’m very happy with it. Pairs perfect with a Spinfisher VI 4500 on it. 

Without fishing or casting them I can say that the AWE is only a tiny bit lighter. 8.9 oz vs 9.3. Both pair well with a 10-12 reel. I wouldn’t want to go much heavier than that. 

16 hours ago, sailfish1 said:

jimmybean  what reel do you have on it?

Penn Battle III Dx, 3000. Not a perfect fit but works good enough. 

I recently picked up the 7'6,paired with certate lt 4000d-c,for fluking,handles small bass,mostly throwing jigs ranging 1/4 oz,3/8,definitely sensitive