Stripernut1

A week on the Cape

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

The "family" have rented a big house in Eastham (we are all getting a little old for a week of camping), (sadly not on the water) 2nd week in July. The house sleeps 10 and is filled, I also have my son from CO and his wife flying in and staying in a B&B up the street (I told him to bring some of his trout so we could use them for bait!) We are towing the boat down and have a slip for the week at Saquatucket Marina (the South side of the Cape in Harwich). Plan to fish Monomoy Rips among other places. It will not be 7 days of non-stop fishing (if I want to stay married and we just had our 38th last week, so I do), and some of the time on the water will be with the Grandkids (staying at Nickerson with their parents). So if anyone has any tips or suggestions (maybe wants to buddy boat) I am all ears... If the weather is perfect we (21' Trophy) might make a run to the tuna grounds off Chatham, but stripers, fluke, and most anything else that bites will be our focus. I even plan to do some Blue Crabbing, YUM! I have been guiding for a long time on the North Shore so if anyone wants to trade some numbers... Depending on what is going on, we may pull the boat and hit the bay side, but we will let the fish tell us, where to go.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Definitely Monomoy ... should be smokin'

You might want to consider CCBay out of Sesuit; bass and blues are being caught. There is also winter flounder off Sesuit, and sight fishing the Brewster Flats.

Check out Hogy's website for locations and reports

Edited by jeffreyrichard