Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SouthCoastSurfFishermen

Plug Storage...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I know we all have way to many plugs laying around, left inside of plug bags, chipping and eating away at each other...

My question for the locals is how do you all store your plugs that you aren't using on one particular outing? I've seen some pretty ingenious alternatives to Harbor Freight Totes and gutter spouts being cut and lined with protective surfacing ect... If anyone's got links to good DIY's or pictures of your own setups that would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm going to give myself a Friday night project for the hundreds of plugs I've accumulated over the past couple of years.

I had a 6' x 4' vinyl coated wire fencing attached to a wall on the inside of my garage.  I was able to hang 1 1/2 gazillion plugs on it.  After I completed the project it demonstrated to me that I just had to stop buying so many plugs..........................When I moved several years later I kept about 10 plugs which is really all I need.  I gave all the others away, including 2 original John Habs needles.........

1 hour ago, jayp195 said:

I had a 6' x 4' vinyl coated wire fencing attached to a wall on the inside of my garage.  I was able to hang 1 1/2 gazillion plugs on it.  After I completed the project it demonstrated to me that I just had to stop buying so many plugs..........................When I moved several years later I kept about 10 plugs which is really all I need.  I gave all the others away, including 2 original John Habs needles.........

RIP to those Habs needles :freak:

Posted (edited)

I bought a ton of tennis ball tubes dirt cheap on ebay. I cut the bottoms off and put them in a plastic bin. They are great for plug/soft plastic storage. And was inexpensive.

20220630_032145.jpg

20220630_032152.jpg

Edited by Dr. Darter

I bought a large plastic tub at Target and then got 50 8 inch tubes online from Danco Packaging. There was enough space left to put in two large plastic containers from pretzel rods that work pretty well for gliders and metal lips (this was not my original intent to do, just so happened I had them and they kind of fit perfectly).

originally I was planning on drilling some holes and glueing all the tubes in place, but have never gotten around to doing it.

10D55031-A4E6-4A6F-BC7C-4BF76E2B47F8.jpeg

5AE6015A-835E-4BBA-A93B-3ADFD14A9750.jpeg

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

In planos on a shelf in the garage with p touch labels.

I'm not buying any more plugs:rav:

Lier Lier

I use the large Plano boxes and store them on a shelving unit. They are organized by plug type (pencil popper, polaris popper, metal lips..). That way when preparing for a trip I just "shop" for what I need. During the season I have a few surf bags pre loaded and ready to go for specific areas / conditions. 

Posted (edited)

Correction- blue bins- PVC in those big blue containers with “teeth” that you grab behind CVS/ rite aid. 

Edited by HugeDinghy