Goldy

Your Cell Phone Battery Sucks!

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

Despite what most people think, i'm slightly convinced that apple and maybe samsung code new updates to make your phone slow down and drain your battery with age.  

For all you EV folks in the other thread, explain why my iPhone battery of 2.5yrs old cannot hold a charge?  I mean a tesla can go 300K without or last 35 years, why does your cell phone battery suck after a couple of years?   I don't know squat about samsung, but apple coded the battery health monitor and gives a range now of healthy your battery is and max health.

I mean all my tavern EV folks, why is my phone dying after 2.5yrs?  I mean this is the future... Or is this another way for your technical company to have you upgrade your phone.

I spent 1250$ for an iPhone 11 pro max and 1100 for iPhone 11 pro for my wife.  Are we expected to buy new phones every 2-3 years because of these batteries?  

I mean, i should be able to plug this battery in forever to charge.. Too bad they don't make gas powered iPhone 

2 mins ago, Goldy said:

Despite what most people think, i'm slightly convinced that apple and maybe samsung code new updates to make your phone slow down and drain your battery with age.  

For all you EV folks in the other thread, explain why my iPhone battery of 2.5yrs old cannot hold a charge?  I mean a tesla can go 300K without or last 35 years, why does your cell phone battery suck after a couple of years?   I don't know squat about samsung, but apple coded the battery health monitor and gives a range now of healthy your battery is and max health.

I mean all my tavern EV folks, why is my phone dying after 2.5yrs?  I mean this is the future... Or is this another way for your technical company to have you upgrade your phone.

I spent 1250$ for an iPhone 11 pro max and 1100 for iPhone 11 pro for my wife.  Are we expected to buy new phones every 2-3 years because of these batteries?  

I mean, i should be able to plug this battery in forever to charge.. Too bad they don't make gas powered iPhone 

The Apple store will swap out your battery for $50. 
I hear that mining, manufacturing and disposal of lithium batteries is terrible for the planet though. Who told me that ?? :D
You better go back to a land line. 

3 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Hmmm 1200$ or 50 $ you know what they say about a fool and his money 

Well that brings up the next question, why do I have to pay someone to do that?  Can you imagine the gas money to drive to an apple store?

@z-man - I actually just googled it, mine would be 69$. 

Again, not the point.  Why will my battery not last forever?  

2 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

i have an iphone 8.  gets charged over night each day. thats it

What's your battery health say?

Have a cousin who works for them. Not sure what capacity. Saw him at the funeral and was bitching about phone updates. Most seem useless and serve no purpose other than to annoy the hell out of me, usually forcing me to relearn how to do something that didn’t need to be fixed. Something that I was perfectly happy with

He told me don’t do the updates, helps speed up the obsolescence 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, Goldy said:

What's your battery health say?

81%. had to find it in settings   maximum capacity relative to when it was new

Edited by coolhandfluke

Just now, coolhandfluke said:

81%. had to find it in settings

you must not be a power user!.  

I'm lower than you and my phone is 3 years newer.  impossible

3 mins ago, Shaky said:

Have a cousin who works for them. Not sure what capacity. Saw him at the funeral and was bitching about phone updates. Most seem useless and serve no purpose other than to annoy the hell out of me, usually forcing me to relearn how to do something that didn’t need to be fixed. Something that I was perfectly happy with

He told me don’t do the updates, helps speed up the obsolescence 

Sounds about right.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, Goldy said:

you must not be a power user!.  

I'm lower than you and my phone is 3 years newer.  impossible

lol if i could take a pic of it i would post it.

its usually down to below 20% life when it hits the charger

Edited by coolhandfluke

1 min ago, coolhandfluke said:

What, you can't take a pic of your phone with your phone.. How lame

2 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

You are feeding into Z-mans theory of batteries last forever.. There has to be some scam.  What IOS version are you on?