coolhandfluke

did the upper portion of Maurice River yesterday

7 posts in this topic

wife and i hit the ramp at fauser street at 11.30 as the incoming tide was coming to an end. that gave us enough time,2 hours,to get to the top of the river ,have lunch 

and then back to the ramp with the out going tide.

couldnt ask for a better day/time .   sunny,75 degrees, slight breeze,and no bugs.  water was flat calm . lots of turtles sunning themselves and saw one eagle.

lots of fish jumping and one was pretty big. dont know what it was but a guy at the ramp said probably a striper.  

mr.jpg

5 mins ago, Capt Buck said:

My old stomping grounds. I used to love the ride up to the dam, the other way ain't bad either. 

i hear ya.  my friend keeps his boat at the boat yard right near there and thats where we dump it in spring time and run to cape may.

when i get the tide right ,the end of outgoing ,we will kayak down .

12 mins ago, fishless said:

Try for some Snakeheads next time. 

it was just a nice relaxing ride on the water with the wife.  she is a nurse and has off tuesdays so thats when we hit the water.  not many jet skis or boats to contend with.

no fishing but we will do some crabbing with the kayaks..

there are so many places to kayak in south jersey we dont often do the same place twice in a season.   other then Atszion lake as we do that after dinner often for something  to do.

18 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

it was just a nice relaxing ride on the water with the wife.  she is a nurse and has off tuesdays so thats when we hit the water.  not many jet skis or boats to contend with.

no fishing but we will do some crabbing with the kayaks..

there are so many places to kayak in south jersey we dont often do the same place twice in a season.   other then Atszion lake as we do that after dinner often for something  to do.

Enjoy.  Hoping to get down that way with mine and try for those Snakes soon.