TA CLIPS & SPLIT RINGS

Rate this topic

Joeny718

1 min ago, Richizzzle said:

For a few lure that i use splits and TA clips (large hopkins for example) i grab the split ring with my pliers and its much easier to get the TA clip on.

Yea I tend to do that as well but at night it’s difficult. I want to remove all my split ring for quick swap of lures but don’t want to lose action. 

27 mins ago, Joeny718 said:

very difficult to get a lure on a  TA clip with a split ring. 

Get something else instead of TA

Problem solved

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 min ago, Joeny718 said:

I could use a snap swivel

Or dual lock

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Dual lock.jpg

- Henry Ford-

I have the micro TA's in my ultralight kit and I have removed all the split rings from my lures. It doesn't affect action but if you run out of clips you'll have to use loop knots.. Which is no big deal.

A Hopkins though you would probably need a big clip, might be better to keep the split ring.

Edited by triumph

3 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Up size the split ring.

This was my first thought.  I am not sure how the ta clip alone though would decrease lure action, much if any, compared to split ring directly to leader.   

When I was teenager, and worked at a large club in Annapolis, after hours a few of us would test our lures and techniques in the large outdoor pool.  With the underwater flood lights and no overhead glare you could see them very well.

Split rings on the nose of lures is the stupidest thing I have ever seen happen to fishing lures.  - there I said it! . 

The first thing I do on a new lure is to make those go bye bye.  The TA clip gives all the motion range you need and the lure fishes exactly the same way and you don't have to fight those stupid things while connecting them to your leader. 

Edited by pressphotog