Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Finally have a week off on the east coast to chase stripers on the fly in the surf . Next four days. RV and fly rods. any hot shorelines for striper CT,MA,RI above or below? Not particular spots but specific regions 

Edited by Freebear13

I see a lot of reports from Maine Shoreline fishing with good results. You can always go to the cape and find fish for sure and the same for Rhode Island. Good luck on your vacation

Wellfleet'Truro'Ptwn. Just be ready for the crowds to get there.This is now "Cape Crowd" for the next 6-8 weeks.

6 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

I see a lot of reports from Maine Shoreline fishing with good results. You can always go to the cape and find fish for sure and the same for Rhode Island. Good luck on your vacation

I fish Maine and live here and would not recommend  coming. Go to the cape, more species and always better fishing.  

Thanks guys! 1st stop this evening produced a schooly where the East River hits the sound (CT)  love it when a plan comes together 

5301E8C5-8E7E-432C-805F-BF306CFFB9DA.png

Edited by Freebear13

I would say the Cape but the parking sticker costs are prohibitive for the occasional visitor now. Unless you stick to early/late sessions of course?

Thanks guys! 1st stop this evening produced a schooly where the East River hits the sound (CT)   How about NAPATREE any tips from anyone-I am 30 minutes from the preserve now. Gonna put in the time!

Don’t waste time going to Block Island. “There are no fish on Block Island “ bumper stickers even say it out there.

Southern Maine has many  fly fishing surf spots, Most towns have parking free up to 8Am and after 6pm the best times. We may not have the largest, but plenty to keep your rod bent

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

Edited by RAW
addition