cityevader

Walk in/walk out? Or harder?

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sigh...Wish i could simply pick up a box of ammo and pay the cashier.

●It's minimum a 20 minutes per person, for EACH that's in line at the ammo counter.

●First, if you don't already have a gun registered with the state you're denied the sale of ammo.

●While that background check/NICS check is going on, your clear voice and face are required to be recorded the entirety of the transaction.

●Driver's license and birth certificate are photocopied...yes, I failed to get a "real ID" and must carry my birth certificate around in case an ammo deal arrives.

●Brand, type, and quantity of each and every type of ammo purchased is individually registered with the state with your separate signature for each brand/type/quantity.

●I don't know when the local, city law they passed takes effect, but then, proof of gun insurance policy will be required for ammo purchase.

●to make it worse, BassProShop limits ammo to two boxes per person per day...whatever quantity that box is, the limit is two...need more than two li'l boxes? Then repeat the above every day until you have enough ammo.

...anybody have it worse?

Edited by cityevader

You have to do a NICS for ammo purchase ?  Up here we  just pick boxes off of shelf and carry up to register.  No ID, no anything if paying with cash.  

31 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Where is this??

Exactly, what communist country is this?

1 hour ago, cityevader said:

●It's minimum a 20 minutes per person, for EACH that's in line at the ammo counter.

●First, if you don't already have a gun registered with the state you're denied the sale of ammo.

●While that background check/NICS check is going on, your clear voice and face are required to be recorded the entirety of the transaction.

●Driver's license and birth certificate are photocopied...yes, I failed to get a "real ID" and must carry my birth certificate around in case an ammo deal arrives.

●Brand, type, and quantity of each and every type of ammo purchased is individually registered with the state with your separate signature for each brand/type/quantity.

●I don't know when the local, city law they passed takes effect, but then, proof of gun insurance policy will be required for ammo purchase.

●to make it worse, BassProShop limits ammo to two boxes per person per day...whatever quantity that box is, the limit is two...need more than two li'l boxes? Then repeat the above every day until you have enough ammo.

Meanwhile off to the side, the smash and grabbers are loading their black bags and running out the door...... Yup Cali justice

41 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Exactly, what communist country is this?

22 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

By his location I'd say California. 

I sort of figured that, it was a sarcastic question, not to cityevader, just in general.

Haha, just came back from BassPro and YES YES YES!   we now have the privilege of 6 boxes per person per day if we use BassPro credit card.

And I thought things were bad in NJ...

I just ordered 310 rounds of 223 and 250 of 9mm online. Being in Jersey, I have to upload my FID card but it should be at my door in a few days. 

●Online orders to here must be shipped to an FFL whom does all of that above gobblygoop...then charges an additional fee (cause they didn't profit from sale). $50 per 2500 rounds...plus that shipping to get it there...

●10% fee on cartridges, bullets, powder, etc new law was supposed to go into effect soon...forgot about that one...might be along with the insurance requirement? Those might not fully go into effect/lawsuits, etc.

8 hours ago, cityevader said:

If someone from another state was on a trip, could they buy ammo while in CA? Can a CA resident buy ammo in another state while on a trip? I have been hoping SCOTUS can and will take this on.

9 hours ago, Scallywag said:

And I thought things were bad in NJ...

I just ordered 310 rounds of 223 and 250 of 9mm online. Being in Jersey, I have to upload my FID card but it should be at my door in a few days. 

Same in CT.  

Sorry to hear all this about Cali. Really was thinkin of movin that way. 

8 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Same in CT.  

Sorry to hear all this about Cali. Really was thinkin of movin that way. 

In CT, you also need to upload a pic of your license, no? 

9 mins ago, Scallywag said:

In CT, you also need to upload a pic of your license, no? 

Some stores want a DL as well.  But some are fine with just the permit.   Law reads just permit is necessary.