Shorefisher

You meet some odd people in the wee hours.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

So about 3:30 this morning all by myself in Ocean Park ( or I thought so). I see this figure running towards me in the dark. They stop about 20 yards from me and stand there for a minute, turn and head toward OOB. They go into the surf about chest deep. I thinking this person is committing Harry Carrie or something. So they get of the water finally and past me to the brook. By now I could tell it was guy. 15-20 minutes later he comes back, stops and says. "Hope I didn't spook you earlier, I decided to take a naked run on the beach". I replied no, I thought you were another fisherman at first. Now I can tell by this time he's little light in his loafers. He introduced himself and ask my name. Against my better judgement I tell him my first name. He wouldn't shut up after the interdiction. Proceeded to tell me how he was conceive in a motel down the street by a married nun and a Mafia member. That he still live with his mom and she didn't think it was safe for him to be on the beach this early. So I reeled in and said guess I have had enough, he followed almost to the truck babbling the whole way. The last thing he said was " maybe we'll see each other again down here, I run often. Lord I hope not!!

Fishing Pine Point years ago I hear rustling and laughter pass behind me and a group of dark figures running and giggling away. On the pass back I lit their ass up literally, I illuminate a gaggle of stark naked coed high schoolers - they covered what parts they could and kept laughing and running. 

Kind of funny- Sandy Hook NJ is Falderal Property- There is no federal law that says you cant be naked on federal property, as odd as that sounds. Hence people can be naked on the beach. By unofficial and local custom those who prefer to be in the "raw" keep it to what is called North beach and the other spots/beaches remain your more traditional bathing suit beaches. Occasionally some individuals did not get the memo on local custom and I have run into a old fat naked guy while fluke fishing who wanted to discuss the finer points of what I was doing and if fish actually can be caught off the beach and a couple of times run into, attractive females who wanted some type of professional photo shoots done while being BA ( bare A$$). That has happened on what is called the back side or the bay side of the hook. Havn't run into someone naked on beach at night, in the car in parking lot, yea, beach no. Odd things do happen 

21 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

some type of professional photo shoots done while being BA

long island, surfing some of the more remote areas alone. twice i have ran into some amature casting couch types that wanted a photo of me and the surfboard.

i politely decline and let them do a few poses with the board.... who knew where those images would be distributed couldn't risk it.

fire island, oak beach, and PTown, like others have said you do not venture into the brambles/trails after dark.

Weirdest s*** I have seen while fishing is without a doubt in gas stations and gas station parking lots on the way to the spot. The only people in a gas station at 2am are fishermen, truckers, drunks, and crazies.