7 foot spinning set up for fluke ?

Rate this topic

surfcast

For party boat and private boat fishing mpo would be St Croix Premier series. Ninety percent straight up/down fishing the premier is a decent fairly priced rod which would be fine for under hand casting. Go to their site and view there rods for action and lure weight and evaluate what you need. Then call local shops to see if they have that model so you can actually handle it. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, AFMike said:

7' Century Weapon,  7'3" Century Weapon Jr Mag Taper.  Either one will no the job fantastic. 

There another great rod. I never got my hands on the jr mag. I want to check one out one day. I used my buddy’s 7’ weapon and it was amazing. I caught a nice bass on it. The backbone was great. 

On 6/25/2022 at 2:39 PM, surfcast said:

Looking to purchase a spinning set up for fluke fishing. Would pair it with a 4000 reel and braided line. Would fish it with a ball head jig 2---3 oz and a hook above. Would be used off a boat private and occasionally party boats. 

Star Plasma Series inshore rods - they make a 7'6" heavy that would be perfect.  I've got two of them and they are amazing.  

1 hour ago, animalbarrie said:

Star Plasma Series inshore rods - they make a 7'6" heavy that would be perfect.  I've got two of them and they are amazing.  

Could you give me a model # 

You think 7 6 in is to much  for  parrty boat 

I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Jim Morrison 

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, no name said:

surfcast, AFMike is the century guy. always willing to help and educate. I believe that's the weapon he referred to. I would also check out the weapon jr. mag taper he suggested. 

How do I find AF MIKE?

I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Jim Morrison 

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.