Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glub

Concerts?

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

my favorite by a landslide was Phish's millenium concert on an Indian Reservation in the middle of the Everglades. They played from just before midnight until 7:15 am without leaving the stage. The Sunrise was amazing.

4th grade

Judas Priest "defenders of the faith"

The best concerts are the ones I spend on top of a house boat with my brother and our friends with one of them playing home grown songs with his acoustic guitar.. 12 beers deep, tequila in hand, flat Raystown lake under the bright stars.. Man it's awesome!

I can still hear the potato gun in the background.. biggrin.gif

Yeah Sedge,Steel Mill played a few gigs in Richmond,Va.in about 70-71.There was quite a buzz over them.My band(Marlow Mays Blues Band) got an opening spot for them at a show on top of a parking deck in Richmond=we were tight with the promoter,(who made a suitcase of cash on the deal.)Bruce was hanging around by the stage while we played-no one really knew who he was.Another band played after us,then Bruce got up,put on his goldtop Les Paul and Steel Mill totally killed everyone.It was unreal how good they were.He was playing with a trio;had waist length hair and was wearing a pair of cutoffs-no shirt,shoes.Skinny as a rail with a dark suntan.Unbelievable charisma.There was a local TV station filming briefly while he was playing;the film is probably still in Richmond somewhere,long forgotten.Anyway,after that I was a big fan and not surprised at all when he became "the future of rock&roll" a few years later.

Very cool ! Wish I made tht one. Heard many stories at the house on Lake Hopatcong from my friends brother who came out from CA and was just the mellowist hippie Deadhead who taught me how to make leather belts and guitar straps. CA was the place too see the Dead as we all know and those stories were even better.

Madball, downset., and Dog Eat Dog at Studio 1 in Newark, NJ. and/or Pennywise at the Stone Pony is Asbury Park.

Midnight Oil put on the best live performance I ever saw at the WOMAD festival years ago, headlined by Peter Gabriel. However, the rest of the show wasn't so hot, and Gabriel sucked.

The first year of the Lollapalooza festival was pretty fun too.

------------------

John B

mako7@comcast.net

when we did this one last year it was funny i think Arby and myself pick the same band and tour . todd rundgren and utopia's Ra tour .

honerable mentions ,

lynnryd skynnrd 76" winterland

pinkfloyd" animals tour" oakland coliseum

led zepplin, rick derringer,and judas priest oakland A's baseball stadium

frank zappa tower theater early 80's maybe 80" late show!

stephen stills and ira kire the cuban band tower

neil young solo harvestmoon tower

walking into the chestnut caberet to see blues traveler 91" and running into john popper and brendan hill.

gov't mule 8-09-00 bottle and cork hangingwith warren, woody and matt. anybody wants a copy of that show mail me!!!

Imgs0477.jpg

steve

Whoa...you guys have seem some real deal concerts. I mean, the Dead in the 70's (A "real" Dead show in my opinion), Bob Marley, Peter Tosh...this stuff is making me JEALOUS.

Nevertheless, some of the best shows I've attended:

Phish - The Great Went in Limestone, ME

Phish - 12/30/93

The Grateful Dead - 9/10/91

That Neil Young solo acoustic tour.

Beck - The Orpheum in Boston, MA after putting out the Midnight Vultures album.

That's about it for me though.