Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glub

Concerts?

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

How about your favorite all time show?

Mine would be Pink Floyd: THE WALL at the Nassau Collaseam (or how ever you spell it)

2nd. Was Van Halen at the Spectrum in Philly on a Friday night (13th row VH'S first) and on to Madison Square garden Saturday night for Rush (2nd row) those were the days. I had this funny buzz in my ears for 3 dayssmile.gif but that was one fantastic weekend.

Best show ever is by the greatest rock and roll band in the world.THE ROLLING STONES.Been to too many to pick a favorite,but the Tower Theater show that recently past was awesome.

------------------

1966, Murray the K and the RKO theater presents "Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels" My buddy and I were really into the Detroit sound. We cut school and got tickets for the afternoon matinee - yeah, they had them then. Opening act was the Cyrkle (Red Rubber Ball). A couple of others follow. Towards the end Murray comes out, Ladies and G'men, direct from England, their first American gig - the Cream! Whoa! No more Motown for this boy. Next band got almost the same intro. It was the Who. That show started it. Woodstock, though, was the ultimate. A final statemate on the '60's.

PaulH

Hey Striper 53,

First concert I ever went to was in NYC, I think it was the Paramount Theatre, saw

Mitch Rider, The Young Rascals and The Who. Had to be the same tour. I was so young we couldn't go alone so we had to go with my friends older sister. I was 13-14 in 1966 so that would be about right. Show was also MC's and produced by Murry the K. Classic for sure.

Best concert, maybe the Who doing Tommy at the Fillmore east, Zappa and the Mothers at Fillmore East (I know it was mothers day, but not sure what year, 69?) Any Fillmore show with the Allmans, Dead, Airplane or Tuna

Never saw a bad one.

This is from a much more recent band, but a Dave Mathews show is pretty cool, especially with a female companionwink.gif The acoustics in the old Foxboro Stadium were pretty crappy, but the show I went to with my then girlfriend at the old Three Rivers Stadium sounded great. Most of the songs played are much longer than the album versions with more solos thrown in.

seen alot of shows in philly and nyc

favorite place was the tower theater

in upper darby

Zappa played there alot and was about

the best guitar player around with the

tightest band you would ever see

Peter Gabriel also liked the small venues

seen Van Halen open up for journey i

think it was.eddie was all of 17-18 yrs

old on the 1st album.they smoked the place

too many to pick one

bye WR

The Stones 1980 at the Vet in Philly. Got there the day before and partied straight through for two days. We were one of the first people in and got to see the whole show from about 50' away.

If I were to try that now, ya'd be fitting me for a pine boxrolleyes.gif

------------------

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Some memorable ones....

Megadeth...Peace Sells Tour...Lamours

Guns and Roses...Appetite Tour...Felt Forum

Iron Maiden...every single show...especially the Ed Hunter Tour. The riot at the Meadowlands after the Somewhere in Time show was crazy!!

Priest...Turbo (sucky album, but great show) Nassau Coliseum

Of course all the Floyd shows were great.

Tesla...5-man acoustic jam at the Felt Forum

AC/DC Madison Square Garden..(I jumped on stage and ran across, then got kicked out)

All Anthrax shows

Kiss reunion Tour at Jones Beach!!!!

GD- Saratoga Performing Arts Center - 6/21/88?

JGB- Old Orchard Beach, Me - 9/30/89?

Seen the Dead well over 150 times...It wasn't always pretty... But it sure was fun...

Neil Young solo acoustic at the Orpheum in Boston- 10/92?

Grateful Dead - Raceway Park

I was only 13. icon15.gif

Clash at Bond's

Talking Heads at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium 82 and 83

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 02-04-2003).]