New Jersey guys - GET YOUR CARRY PERMITS NOW

Rate this topic

166 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

a Post..........

My local PD - has indicated the following:

- They have dozens of applications

- They are being very accommodating to provide information and help people

- They are stating that there is no live fire quals only showing safe handling (I thing they are wrong) and someone signing off on that

- They are actively processing them as fast as they can

We will see when I get mine dropped off.

Vernon, NJ.....................

What I do know is that most states including upstate NY only require a gun safety course certificate.....I dunno.

Maybe I should call my PD. The lieutenant there who handles this stuff is awesome. 

Posted (edited)

According to the Firearm Applicant Investigation Guidebook by the NJSP that is used by all local PDs and NJSP when issuing FIDs, P2P,s and Carry Permits...

"The applicant must produce evidence he or she is thoroughly familiar with the safe handling and use of handguns. This may be evidenced in one of several ways:
a. Completion of a firearms training course substantially equivalent to the firearms training approved by the Police Training Commission as described by N.J.S. 2C: 39-6.j;
b. Submission of an applicant's most recent handgun qualification scores utilizing the handgun(s) he or she intends to carry as evidenced by test firings administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor;
c. Completion of a course or test in the safe handling of a handgun administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor; or
d. Passage of any test in this State’s laws governing the use of force administered by a certified instructor of a police academy, a certified instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified instructor

According to this, everyone does not have to qual. with Live Fire.....there are choices A thru D to produce evidence of safe handling.......I understand Vernon Twp. NJ is processing apps without live fire qual......so, this might save ya a couple hundred bucks or allow folks who are financially stressed due to todays economic environment to exercise their 2A also.........

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

So now they're saying the Code is meaningless................they're making it up as they go along....omo.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So now they're saying the Code is meaningless................they're making it up as they go along....omo.

Let me repeat myself

I think the first few people applying should spend the $5,000 (if they can afford it) for that lawyer because you know damn well they are going to buck you over every which way they can.

Posted (edited)

I am in no hurry to file an application.  Let the dust settle a bit and lets see what new round of  elections brings in. You can guarantee three things in life..

Death

Taxes

Ever changing gun laws.

Edited by Baccigalup

NJ is off the hook.  Listened to this past Sundays ep of GFH podcast.  I believe Anthony said NJ put all FPID cards on hold until they get all this crap sorted.  I just applied and paid for 2 more permits so I can qual with what I intend on carrying and now this?  What commie BS. 

On 8/1/2022 at 7:02 PM, Misled said:

NJ is off the hook.  Listened to this past Sundays ep of GFH podcast.  I believe Anthony said NJ put all FPID cards on hold until they get all this crap sorted.  I just applied and paid for 2 more permits so I can qual with what I intend on carrying and now this?  What commie BS. 

Ok clarification on this.  NEW fpid apps are on hold but address changes, lost cards etc are being processed normally.

3 hours ago, Misled said:

Ok clarification on this.  NEW fpid apps are on hold but address changes, lost cards etc are being processed normally.

What about existing fpid owners applying for a new handgun permit.   I am doing what you did so i can qualify with what i intend to carry. Nieghbor got his in 28 days

42 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

What about existing fpid owners applying for a new handgun permit.   I am doing what you did so i can qualify with what i intend to carry. Nieghbor got his in 28 days

From what I understand transactions having to do with existing fpid cards are all going through normally.  It's just the first timers.  

What town is handing these out in 28 days?!?!?!?!?!  Good for you guys.  I normally have to wait 2-4 months

1 hour ago, Misled said:

From what I understand transactions having to do with existing fpid cards are all going through normally.  It's just the first timers.  

What town is handing these out in 28 days?!?!?!?!?!  Good for you guys.  I normally have to wait 2-4 months

Ill let you know if it comes thru for me..dont want to jinx it

As an unfortunate citizen of NJ, there is no way I'll waste my time and money getting a Jersey CCW card, mostly because Murphy is making all of NJ a "gun free zone".  F him and his ilk.  Leaving this cesspool state as fast as I can ........

Made a fingerprint appointment on 19 Aug. Next available date is 9 Sept. Cost is $57.38. Anyone else seeing this long of a delay?

Everything about firearms in Jersey is aimed at sticking it good to the state's lawful citizens.  This is all done with a purpose and an agenda in mind.  You might think this is no longer a "may issue" state, but you'd be wrong because it's left wing **** controlled with zero thought of our inherited American rights and a total disregard of our Constitution.  Good luck jumping through the Jersey gun control hoops.