fishweewee

New Jersey guys - GET YOUR CARRY PERMITS NOW

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

That's all this stupid country needs. More morons carrying guns. 

What the country needs is for rigorous enforcement of any moron committing a crime with a gun, or being unlicensed. I would guess most of the guys on here are law abiding citizens. Why not let them carry for self protection? Ever been to Camden, or Newark, or Atlantic City, NJ? 

Will NJ require NJ specific "training" ?   Or will a DD-214 or carry permit from another state suffice?  (I got my first one in 1983 in MA)

3 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

Ok, or maybe if more people started carrying guns we would see less morons. This country has been littered with crime by scumbags that prey on people that are defenseless. Now, it's time for them to play roulette...

9 hours ago, Good2Go said:

What the country needs is for rigorous enforcement of any moron committing a crime with a gun, or being unlicensed. I would guess most of the guys on here are law abiding citizens. Why not let them carry for self protection? Ever been to Camden, or Newark, or Atlantic City, NJ? 

Yes, and I've lived 52 years without carrying a gun.  More guns = more gun deaths, fact. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Ok, or maybe if more people started carrying guns we would see less morons. This country has been littered with crime by scumbags that prey on people that are defenseless. Now, it's time for them to play roulette...

Wrong. 

Check the statistics of every country with strict gun laws. They ALL have vastly lower gun deaths, be it suicide or violence. VASTLY lower. 

Edited by Danny1199
spelling

10 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

Will NJ require NJ specific "training" ?   Or will a DD-214 or carry permit from another state suffice?  (I got my first one in 1983 in MA)

instructions are vague but training has to be "recent"

Posted (edited)

Great, now if a guy is fishing in your spot, you can just shoot his a..

Edited by Artie Fishil
spelling

16 mins ago, fishweewee said:

instructions are vague but training has to be "recent"

Another way to throw an obstacle in it.   To me a current "carry permit" should suffice.  But then again I'm not a legislator in NJ (or anywhere for that matter)

They lost a bit of control and will do everything they can to try get it back.

11 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

If you don't like it here you are free to leave.

Posted (edited)

On 6/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, fishweewee said:

Question. What happens when you want to carry a different gun? I might not always want to carry my big .45,.Depending on where I'm going and what I'm wearing I might want to carry a pocket size .32

6. Written proof of qualification and ownership with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying if your application is approved. This must be recent at the time of the application and must also be obtained from a certified firearms instructor.

Edited by Sudsy

32 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Question. What happens when you want to carry a different gun? I might not always want to carry my big .45,.Depending on where I'm going and what I'm wearing I might want to carry a pocket size .32

6. Written proof of qualification and ownership with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying if your application is approved. This must be recent at the time of the application and must also be obtained from a certified firearms instructor.

Do like I do.  Qualify with the guns you intend on carrying all on the same day.  For me, I qualify with my Glock 19, Sig P365 and Ruger LCP MAX at the same session.  All are listed on my qualification form.  Easy peasy.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Spigola said:

Do like I do.  Qualify with the guns you intend on carrying all on the same day.  For me, I qualify with my Glock 19, Sig P365 and Ruger LCP MAX at the same session.  All are listed on my qualification form.  Easy peasy.

I'm scheduled to take an nra pistol course. Was going to take it anyway. Here's what is risky about applying thereafter, and I've heard this before...the possibility of denial if u have the wrong course. And once that denial is there, despite the law change its harder to obtain ccw due to a previous denial. So im waiting on what is officially the necessary course. U know nj will do everything to throw wrench in this so do it right or don't apply at all. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

I'm scheduled to take an nra pistol course. Was going to take it anyway. Here's what is risky about applying thereafter, and I've heard this before...the possibility of denial if u have the wrong course. And once that denial is there, despite the law change its harder to obtain ccw due to a previous denial. So im waiting on what is officially the necessary course. U know nj will do everything to throw wrench in this so do it right or don't apply at all. 

Joe - 

What I would do is ask questions to your local PD.  If they don't have an answer, here is what I would do:

1) Find out what your local PD live fire qualification is (for the cops).

2) Find out what your county PD live fire qual is (for the county police)

3) Find out what the state police live fire qual is.

I believe many of these will include shooting offhand from 25 yards (slow fire) based on what I've seen.

Shoot all three with an NRA instructor.  Pass all 3. Video sessions. Save your targets.

Apply with confidence.   LOL.

Edited by fishweewee

On 6/26/2022 at 6:52 AM, DMacLeod said:

If you don't like it here you are free to leave.

I don't like it here and what this country has become. More mass shootings and people think MORE GUNS is the answer.  Idiotic thinking at the core.  The "good guy with a gun" BS is that: BS. Ask the parents at Uvalde. 

Sorry, I'm staying and doing what I can to get rid of the guns. 

4 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

Sorry, I'm staying and doing what I can to get rid of the guns. 

Good luck, you have your work cut out for you.

Have you considered a constitutional amendment repealing the second amendment?