Rod advice

Rate this topic

Poulin

It is not a mistake, I raise the question here because some of you are probably in the same situation as myself, which is to prefer fly fishing but to sometimes switch to a spinning rod for whatever reason. So which spinning rod should I get if I want to cast lures once in a while ? No bait fishing, nor huge lure, I’d like a rod with a feeling to cast small to midsize lures. The heaviest lures I could think about would be Sluggos.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, BrianDailey said:

LL Bean’s heaviest rated travel rod should fit the bill.

7'6"

Rated for 10-20 lb line

should throw up to 2 oz. or so if it is anything like the 7’ series it just replaced.

$119.00 shipped is a bargain for a travel rod too.

I have one of these. My Penn reel’s foot very hardly fits the rod handle, its like if the opening wasn’t long enough. I have to really force it in. In addition, obviously I compare with a fly rod, but the feeling is so so. This a 2017-2018 model though.

I too am in the same boat so to speak, recently purchased a kayak, so I thought a spinning rod would be preferable. I bought a combo from Tackle Direct 7 ft mh 10-20 lb test rating with a Shimano 4000 series reel 169.00. oh the rod is a two-piece, tube is about 38'' long. hope this helps. love this web site for info sharing

check into a casting egg, can be used to deliver your fly

Edited by Tx Fly Tyer
add info