Jeff270

NY Gun Law struck down by the Supreme Court

Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

Very interesting.  I have told the story about trying to get a CC permit here in NJ.  I had a air tight rock solid reason for need and the Chief of Police who I went to HS with told me no way he would approve it cause it would be his ass.

Be interesting what NJ does to end around OUR ****ING CONSTITUTION!!!  

''The vote was 6 to 3, with the court’s three liberal members in dissent.''

The right to keep and bear arms scares the statists.

Awesome. Finally a turn in the right direction. Now let’s get AWB’s in front of the court, or better yet the NFA.  Let’s abolish the ATF while we’re at it. 

have to agree here. I'm sure there are emergency meetings being held in Albany and Trenton right now to figure out a loophole they can use

31 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Very interesting.  I have told the story about trying to get a CC permit here in NJ.  I had a air tight rock solid reason for need and the Chief of Police who I went to HS with told me no way he would approve it cause it would be his ass.

Be interesting what NJ does to end around OUR ****ING CONSTITUTION!!!  

I'm curious how hard it will be to get a conceal carry permit now in NY/NJ.  

58 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

In a huge decision the Supreme Court has struck down NY gun law.  Confirm that states must assume there is a constitutional right to carry a firearm outside the home.

The state cannot require a "special need" to carry!

damn ... a win for the good guys!

59 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

In a huge decision the Supreme Court has struck down NY gun law.  Confirm that states must assume there is a constitutional right to carry a firearm outside the home.

The state cannot require a "special need" to carry!

What does that actually mean.  Does that really mean they will allow conceal carry.  It's been this way forever. 

They have to have tricks up their sleeve to not allow it

They’d anticipated this ruling, and were already talking about expanding the “sensitive places” as far and wide as possible as a response. 

Truly awesome news though!! SCOTUS is finally getting their shite together wrt the 2A. 

With this ruling and the "supposed" overturning of Roe, plywood sales are going to go through the roof in urban centers

5 mins ago, Goldy said:

I'm curious how hard it will be to get a conceal carry permit now in NY/NJ.  

My GUESS is this.   The licensing authorities will continue to limit the issuing of permits, until a few individuals sue.  Once that happens, things will start to ease up.   It won't happen overnight.

Posted (edited)

Thank you Pres. Trump for the 6/3.....8 states including NJ now violate our 2nd and 14th amendments.....the right to CC now in 50 states outside the home and in public.....no applications, permits or qual. test required. under the US Constitution.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal