ProSkateFisherman

Which soles for korkers for jetty fishing?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have a pair of greenbacks and I'd like to start using them jetty fishing. Now the kind of jetty I fish isn't covered in moss and sludge and is mostly dry unless you're at the tip, which is where the best fishing is. This is gonna sound incredibly dumb, but I normally fish it in crocs. Because they are the only shoes I have that can get wet, and normally the only shoes I have with me when I get to fish the jetty. Surprisingly I haven't fallen badly yet but I have lost fish because I couldn't access the slimy rocks to land them. I have the non studded "kling-on" soles that aren't that grabby. I'm looking at the studded felt soles, the studded vibram xs sole, and the triple threat carbide spike. I'll be using these in freshwater too, and I'd rather not use felt because of whirling disease and didymo. Any real difference between the vibram and the triple threat? Are there any other better options maybe? I don't wade very often, maybe 10 times a year, and just this last year I got proper wading boots, so I'm not very experienced with this stuff. But I think it's time to stop using worn out crocs and start using something a whole lot less slippery. Thanks

I use the Vibram studded.  I don't think there's much difference between the Vibram and Kling-on, except the Vibrams may be a little more durable.  The triple threat spikes may be a bit much for the jetty you're talking about (I could be wrong).  I think the spikes would be better suited for rocks covered in weeds.  Again I could be wrong.  Also check your state's laws regarding felt.  Some states are making it illegal.

Spikes are the way to go on dry or slippery rocks. Carbide spikes will hold up great.

I make my own using stainless screws and the Klingon soles.

1D4E6F3F-40CD-447D-A57D-CF2537E00B9E.jpeg

Definitely make the investment in a pair w

carbide spikes. Not the place to cut corners.

Maybe a used pair off the BST forum ?

21 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

I have a pair of greenbacks and I'd like to start using them jetty fishing. Now the kind of jetty I fish isn't covered in moss and sludge and is mostly dry unless you're at the tip, which is where the best fishing is. This is gonna sound incredibly dumb, but I normally fish it in crocs. Because they are the only shoes I have that can get wet, and normally the only shoes I have with me when I get to fish the jetty. Surprisingly I haven't fallen badly yet but I have lost fish because I couldn't access the slimy rocks to land them. I have the non studded "kling-on" soles that aren't that grabby. I'm looking at the studded felt soles, the studded vibram xs sole, and the triple threat carbide spike. I'll be using these in freshwater too, and I'd rather not use felt because of whirling disease and didymo. Any real difference between the vibram and the triple threat? Are there any other better options maybe? I don't wade very often, maybe 10 times a year, and just this last year I got proper wading boots, so I'm not very experienced with this stuff. But I think it's time to stop using worn out crocs and start using something a whole lot less slippery. Thanks

the best is corkers trax,24 carbite studs fit over your boots,you can put them on waiding boots,or casting from rocks boots i use Micky mouse boots, thei are 2  defrent price $80 and $100,i beet myself plenty times but the rock win every time,i use them even for ice fishing.

i fished steep rocks,no problem they were dry,after 30 minutes rain i had hard time to go to top i had to go on my nees and wedge myself between rocks.

now with corkers is piece a cake walking on any angle off rocks and it never slip on green rocks in water.

The only korkers I would trust out on a jetty are the sandals.  The boots with the interchangeable soles in my opinion are trash.. they will eventually fail.  For me they are not dependable enough to be trusted out on a jetty.

Carbide spikes, if your worried about those soles failing or becoming unattached on the rocks you can punch a couple of short screws into the heel to secure them in place.

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

Carbide spikes, if your worried about those soles failing or becoming unattached on the rocks you can punch a couple of short screws into the heel to secure them in place.

That’s what I do, see picture above.

Triple threat carbide are the best spikes I've used. I tried the Vibram on the jetty and if the rock is wet or has slime they don't hold. Plus you need to release the fish and are going to have to walk down the rocks to do so. I fish rock fields with slippery rocks and rocks covered in bubble weed. They never disappoint. Well worth it.