Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffreyrichard

Support H 8055 - Shore Access Bill

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

This just came out from RISAA ... we should all act on it

We are requesting that RISAA Members Take Action!

Call your State Senator 

Support H 8055 - which establishes a visible High Tide line and gives legal passage up to 6 ft above line. 

S.gif

As I noted last time.. RISAA rarely asks its membership to get involved in State Legislature bills as we understand we are a fishing club first and foremost and our political views vary as much as our lure choices. BUT this is one that matter. We have really one last week to get our State Senators to pass this.

Please Call  your State Senator   See below on how to find them) as with a week to go we believe that's the most effective way to show support for this bill.

As most everyone one of us - even us boat guys at some point have children and grandchildren on the beach for a bit of fishing at some point in our lives. This is the bill to ensure that some private hired security guard etc cant come down and either fence off or scare us off the beach due to a vague and undetermined version of the 28 year average of the high tide line.   This bill clearly defines the High tide as the Wrack line (debris line) and gives anglers and other 6' of clearance above that line.  

Bill H. 8055 Sub A  is worth our support. In its simplest form this Bill identifies the weed line on the beach (wrack line) as the high tide line and allows anglers and others to be below this line as well as provides a 6 ft passage above that line free of harassment from private beach front property owners.

Bill, H 8055 is very important for all of us who access the shore for swimming, fishing and other activities. It defines the High Water Line as something that is reasonable and can be seen - the "rack line" or "weed line" and allows public use from the ocean to 6 ft above the visible Wrack Line . 

You can see the actual Bill : click here for bill link

S.gif

What we are asking of you.... PLEASE  place a Phone call  or yo can email  EMAIL TO SUPPORT RISAA'S POSITION

We have made it very simple. Just send an email    or at this point we prefer a phone call   your StateSenator

TO: (get email from the link below) 

Subject: Support for H 8055

Dear Representative:

I am a recreational fisherman and I understand the importance of access to the shore for many reasons, including fishing. I think the changes provided by H 8055 are the way to proceed to keep access to our shore free and open to the public. 

Please support H 8055 and vote in favor of this measure. Thank you.

YOUR NAME

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE

Find your  Elected Officials

"This is the bill to ensure that some private hired security guard etc cant come down and either fence off or scare us off the beach due to a vague and undetermined version of the 28 year average of the high tide line."

Doesnt a fence stop weeds? I like the intent, but doesnt this give people incentive to build walls that cause the weed line to be wherever they want it to be?

I don’t believe we’ll see the proposed shoreline access bill pass while Dominick  is senate president. He called the bill “borderline in constitutional” and it never got a hearing.