Slack Tidings

*Stolen* Green Tarpon 160i Kayak

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi guys, if anyone sees this Kayak around, please let me know. It’s an older green Wilderness Systems 16ft Tarpon 160i sit-on-top with a built in seat back….fairly beat up with a small crack just above the foot area. It was cable locked to a tree in the Ipswich area. Pretty sad to find it missing this morning. Please PM me if you have any info. :cry:

5F4E6399-697C-498C-B2EE-6B90B49050DF.jpeg

B2D6D69C-0626-47D4-9141-DBB2E315DAB2.jpeg

Edited by Slack Tidings

4 mins ago, z-man said:

Thieves suck. Did they cut the cable or the kayak? You can’t leave anything unattended anymore. 

They must have cut the cable - it was gone along with the kayak!

15 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

They must have cut the cable - it was gone along with the kayak!

That’s weird. They must want the cable so they can lock it back up at it’s new home. 

11 mins ago, z-man said:

They must want the cable so they can lock it back up at it’s new home. 

They know you can't trust anyone. 

That sucks. Was it visible from the street? Cable locks mostly keep the honest honest.  Around here if thieves want a bike, they'll get it no matter what it's locked with. This pic is from a bike rack at a busy subway stop. That's a Kryptonite NYC lock cut with a cordless angle grinder! Thankfully not my bike.

vny2WNM.jpg

Sweet kayak.  If the thief is smart, he'll sit on it for at least a year.  If he's a meth head, he'll try to unload it ASAP.  Check pawn shops regularly in a decent radius and create alerts on Craigslist.  Good luck.  I'll keep an eye out.  I already have a "Tarpon" alert set up on CL.   

Homeowner's insurance should cover it, less the deductible.  

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate that feeling when something gets stolen from you. If you ever get the kayak back someday, or replace it, you can buy a GPS tracking device and hide one in the kayak someplace. I've never used one but I know cyclists use them on their expensive bikes.