Any bass on eastern end of north fork of LI?

Rate this topic

Kidfo

This won’t help you now but The north shore out east always fished well for me years back all summer. It was strictly a nighttime game too. Not sundown but late night. Not sure how it is these days. How are you finding the bait situation???  If i was living there now I would fish it with confidence so long as i was onto bait. Just late at night. 

4 hours ago, Kidfo said:

from Mattituck to Orient

Bass is there

Maybe changing the lures, bait, or time will help you.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I fish this area and as others have said, it’s very much a night game.  Even 11 pm might be a bit early.  My recent fish have been after midnight. Bucktails have been by to far the most effective lures this season (90% of my fish this spring although I have gotten a few on swim shads and Sluggos).  Bluefish are out in full force so be forewarned in you are throwing soft plastic.  Fishing has been very good for mid-late June with quite a few slots and bigger fish being caught among me and my acquaintances.  Good luck 

I lived yr round in Mattituck for 20 yrs. Part time for 30 more before that. 

Spring is a creek game on the bay side. Very late at night , small lure with strong hooks. They are feeding on small baits.

Summer is a late night game and requires long walks to points *. Sometimes they are in the deep coves.

Fall is best and its strictly run and gun fishing. They can pop up anytime anywhere. *

Be real careful with the reef at cable crossing. You can easily die there day or night if you arent with someone who knows it well.

Edited by TimS
overly specific locations removed

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, reelfire said:

I lived yr round in Mattituck for 20 yrs. Part time for 30 more before that. 

Spring is a creek game on the bay side. Very late at night , small lure with strong hooks. They are feeding on small baits.

Summer is a late night game and requires long walks to points *. Sometimes they are in the deep coves.

Fall is best and its strictly run and gun fishing. They can pop up anytime anywhere. *

Be real careful with the reef at cable crossing. You can easily die there day or night if you arent with someone who knows it well.

3 mile long beaches are overly specific? 

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

2 mins ago, MTL said:

Southold was always worst parking rules anywhere. Glad things are changing 

They make a killing on non resident parking tickets.....its a rotation around about a half dozen beaches and end ramps that are attractive to visitors.  One ticket agent just does that loop all day and writes dozens of tickets.