Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John M

The Elusive PipSqwack Bird.....

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

This has been makign me nuts for weeks. What Cartoon was the PipSqwack bird from? The story was that this guy needed to get a picture of the rare PipSwack bird. The Bird was this goony looking thing that would yell PIPSQWACK!!!!! all the time......anyone remeber what cartoon its from?

PLease help me before I lose whats left of my mind.... biggrin.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

On 4/24/2000 at 0:20 PM, John M said:

This has been makign me nuts for weeks. What Cartoon was the PipSqwack bird from? The story was that this guy needed to get a picture of the rare PipSwack bird. The Bird was this goony looking thing that would yell PIPSQWACK!!!!! all the time......anyone remeber what cartoon its from?

PLease help me before I lose whats left of my mind.... biggrin.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Tom and Jerry.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, 55555s said:

Tom and Jerry.  

Bingo!!!  John M - More info follows to fill in the gaps in your brain.

=====================================

C&Ped from the Urban Dictionary.  The pipsquack was a rare and elusive bird being searched for by Tom and Jerry in the guise of nature photographers on the episode titled "Hold That Pose" from "The Tom & Jerry Show" circa 1975. The legendary bird was theretofore never seen, but known only by it's intensely annoying, loud, and oft-repeated call of PIPSQUACK!, until the end of the episode, when, upon finally discovering the bird, a cacophony of pipsquacks emerge from the jungle.

The call of the pipsquack is so irritating that is is burned into the memory of most Gen-Xers, despite them having usually forgotten the show that it was featured on.

Edited by HJS