suntzu

Off topic bug discussion from June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

251 posts in this topic

42 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

really?  

Seen it numerous times.  The one night, everytime this group got a bass you'd hear clunk as they hit em in the head with a baseball bat.  Probably had 50 fish that night in countless bags.  Don't worry, F&G were called but never showed.  Those were river fish too, big spawners.  

Then we had the legal killings.  Not even garbage bags, but they dragged down garbage CANS.  Filled em up with bluefish.  And if you recall when the big blues were in the inlets, EVERYONE shared that info.  I remember they loaded up on them too around the ammo pier.  I'm no big fan of bluefish but they can be fun to catch and can take a boot like no other.  But one things for sure, that was the last year we had them like that.  Wonder where they went?  In freezers and garbage dumps.  Who's to blame?  All the flapping gums telling the world that the blues are in the inlet.  Ringer still wonders where they went.  

No what's going on in the spring time these days down in the twin rivers?  Same crap but rather than garbage bags, sit in the parking areas and watch for a while.  Watch as the same guys make trips back to their cars with bass over and over again.  The new one I've seen, they've got family members doing drive by's to pickup fish.  I guess a warden must have showed up the last time I called and they wised up a bit.  

If you're not seeing any shenanigans then you aint getting out much or your fishing in spots where you might only catch a handful of small fish.  It's unfortunate that the productive areas are getting pounded by the absolute worst of the worst fishermen.  People with absolutely zero ethics.  

For the record I do fine catching nice fish. 

I do not fish for breeders in the spring to release just personal choice. 

I have worked with FGW personnel many times as well as forestry and forest fire guys.

Lotta guys like to seem to bash the Conservation Officer guys who I also worked with. 
Pretty sure they are doing their best.

im 63 don’t need lectures seen it all.

pointing fingers is easy 

I share the same sentiment as chum. The same group of poachers show up night after night in the same spot even after repeat calling. They are either very well off selling poached fish to pay for the ticket or no action has been taken at all by the F&G. 

Posted (edited)

14 people I have never seen before  fishing the same 1/5 mile stretch of beach right now with their stupid sand crab rake & Walmart specials on a Tuesday in the rain at low - black glad garbage bags flipping around  - nothing wrong with this picture 

Edited by suntzu

1 hour ago, Potato Caboose said:

im 63 don’t need lectures seen it all.

cough-cough-cough.gif

2 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

but never saw anyone with trash bag full of fish.

27 mins ago, suntzu said:

14 people I have never seen before  fishing the same 1/5 mile stretch of beach right now with their stupid sand crab rake & Walmart specials on a Tuesday in the rain at low - black glad garbage bags flipping around  - nothing wrong with this picture 

Something definitely wrong. I don't know how you're able to live where you do and witness the shenanigans around the clock and still maintain sanity. It would drive me absolutely bonkers.  It's one hell of a faustian bargain if you ask me.

2 mins ago, adams54 said:

Something definitely wrong. I don't know how you're able to live where you do and witness the shenanigans around the clock and still maintain sanity. It would drive me absolutely bonkers.  It's one hell of a faustian bargain if you ask me.

Because when the bluefish had bunker pushed over the bar late morning my Zoom meeting got disconnected and 30 seconds later I was hooked up :)

1 min ago, suntzu said:

Because when the bluefish had bunker pushed over the bar late morning my Zoom meeting got disconnected and 30 seconds later I was hooked up :)

Lol I get that. And I would take that deal in a nanosecond if I could. But what a bargain it is watching the knuckle heads.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

Maybe you have seen lot more than me but never saw anyone with trash bag full of fish. Occasionally someone little lower on economic totem pole taking a short striper home for dinner just like When worked for dep and saw poorer pine land kid filling boat with panfish cause his mom told him to go get another 60 fish to feed his 12 brothers and sisters. 

people who have beach house sometimes have different perspectives than people just trying to find catch food to eat

Edited by suntzu

Do bugs dig in deeper at night?
You know, the way peanuts move off shore to the canyons at night?

29 mins ago, adams54 said:

Lol I get that. And I would take that deal in a nanosecond if I could. But what a bargain it is watching the knuckle heads.

You take it all in stride. I also get to some of the most magical human moments / proposals, weddings, ashes being spread Fathers bringing their kids to see the ocean for the first time, kids bringing their fathers to see the ocean for the last time The good very far outweighs any aggravation I am very lucky in every way 

I think SOL aggravates me the most at the moment After 23 years on here I just thought it was better than this I think I will stop coming on again for awhile for my own well being 

DMs will be on

8 hours ago, suntzu said:

You take it all in stride. I also get to some of the most magical human moments / proposals, weddings, ashes being spread Fathers bringing their kids to see the ocean for the first time, kids bringing their fathers to see the ocean for the last time The good very far outweighs any aggravation I am very lucky in every way 

I think SOL aggravates me the most at the moment After 23 years on here I just thought it was better than this I think I will stop coming on again for awhile for my own well being 

DMs will be on

A day ago you asked to have all your posts removed, yet here ya are. Is this going to really, really,really going to be the Last Post Ever????

I don’t have time for this. Myself and 52 friends are gonna go dig some bugs. 

I was going to post about the grenade in the water technique that I learned in the war, but after reading these posts, I think I'll keep it to myself! Don't want to have people pissed off with the constant day and night explosions!