suntzu

Off topic bug discussion from June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

214 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

I can key everyone in on an epic dogfish bite if anybody is interested! The boys from over the pond would be all over it

Yes. Thats what i want to go after with my kid.  Bass season is over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, suntzu said:

Bugapalooza stories and pics are going to kill the summer bite; the RB April chunk crowd now filling their buckets every day on bug bite beach bass  typically i see 2 or 3 fisherman on this stretch in the evening Now 30 its why we can’t have nice things 

Yep.......its already gone

 

Eeeeels.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  
This sand bug thing is out of control.  Shops posting videos on “how to’s” and proclaiming “hot sand flea bite”.  Are you kidding me?  What used to be a quiet time of year to walk the beach throwing for Stripers in the wash or jetty tips has now become a circus.  Had a sand flea expert tell me I needed to change from the artificial I was using to sand fleas as that was the only way.  I thanked him, dug a bug from the sand at my feet and put it on my hydro pencil.  It didn’t work, go figure.

 

Helping a fellow angler on the sand or rocks is always a good thing.  Using the internet to proclaim/share specific methods and technique’s, post reports, post pics and encourage, otherwise unknowing or lazy anglers to get down to the beach and start catching, as it’s easy as 1-2-3 . . . The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

 

Guess I was part of an era where disclosing spots was absolutely forbidden and even telling others what you were catching on was discouraged.  You had to spend time, observe and be thankful when an old timer would share some pearls of wisdom.  And you inherently knew to keep those pearls close to your vest.  
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, cartopper said:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  
This sand bug thing is out of control.  Shops posting videos on “how to’s” and proclaiming “hot sand flea bite”.  Are you kidding me?  What used to be a quiet time of year to walk the beach throwing for Stripers in the wash or jetty tips has now become a circus.  Had a sand flea expert tell me I needed to change from the artificial I was using to sand fleas as that was the only way.  I thanked him, dug a bug from the sand at my feet and put it on my hydro pencil.  It didn’t work, go figure.

 

Helping a fellow angler on the sand or rocks is always a good thing.  Using the internet to proclaim/share specific methods and technique’s, post reports, post pics and encourage, otherwise unknowing or lazy anglers to get down to the beach and start catching, as it’s easy as 1-2-3 . . . The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

 

Guess I was part of an era where disclosing spots was absolutely forbidden and even telling others what you were catching on was discouraged.  You had to spend time, observe and be thankful when an old timer would share some pearls of wisdom.  And you inherently knew to keep those pearls close to your vest.  
 

 

 

Again we love mike and his article in otw but this is out of control.  Mikes been bug fishing forever with nam.   Now im sure their spots are taken. 
 

scott from grumpys who posts in this thread is doing how to videos now.  
 

im just glad all the bug stripers are only caught in seaside south. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, suntzu said:

Bugapalooza stories and pics are going to kill the summer bite; the RB April chunk crowd now filling their buckets every day on bug bite beach bass  typically i see 2 or 3 fisherman on this stretch in the evening Now 30 its why we can’t have nice things 


Somebody had to say it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Goldy said:

Again we love mike and his article in otw but this is out of control.  Mikes been bug fishing forever with nam.   Now im sure their spots are taken. 
 

scott from grumpys who posts in this thread is doing how to videos now.  
 

im just glad all the bug stripers are only caught in seaside south. 
 

 

And for the record, none of my comments are directed towards Mike.  He's an asset to the surf fishing community who's been doing his thing for years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, daves745t said:

And for the record, none of my comments are directed towards Mike.  He's an asset to the surf fishing community who's been doing his thing for years.

 

I agree with this statement.  He always likes helping people.  
 

the problem Is the secret is out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, Goldy said:

I agree with this statement.  He always likes helping people.  
 

the problem Is the secret is out

...and the fact that for reasons I just don't understand, everyone seems compelled to push it like they're getting a cut of sand flea sales at the B&Ts. 

 

It's apparently a revelation to a lot of guys here, but it's a technique that's been around for a very long time.  

 

Give. It. A. Rest.

Edited by daves745t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, suntzu said:

Bugapalooza stories and pics are going to kill the summer bite; the RB April chunk crowd now filling their buckets every day on bug bite beach bass  typically i see 2 or 3 fisherman on this stretch in the evening Now 30 its why we can’t have nice things 

Oof!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, suntzu said:

Not a criticism of Mike or the other two members of the SoMoCo mafia - just a subtle request for others to chill a bit before we regret making the thing a thing 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MC55 said:

Fish caught this morning, nothing more, moving on........

Mike - you are a pioneer.  And we respect you. 
 

excellent report!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daves745t said:

...and the fact that for reasons I just don't understand, everyone seems compelled to push it like they're getting a cut of sand flea sales at the B&Ts. 

 

It's apparently a revelation to a lot of guys here, but it's a technique that's been around for a very long time.  

 

Give. It. A. Rest.

I’ll do my part to scare away the newest  buggers. 
 

I’m gonna start posting YouTube & SM platform videos. How to stuff, for losing or breaking gear. 
 

Took a month off but I’ll start  tomorrow. Father’s Day follies report coming. Getcha popcorn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best report should be:

1. Weather

2. Surf conditions

3. Bait present

4. You success or lack there of

What NOT to report:

Everything else and limit your striper pics.

 

So 1 thru 4 should be enough to figure out a game plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.