RAW

Surf fishing sandals

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Worn out my Bite brand and few others the composite straps fell apart, No crocs  , not just a sneaker that’s ok in water. I don’t fish rocks to bottoms are not crucial.Tevas got hard, no flex, Bought river sandals , sand ate up the mesh some also hold sand, rubber nose. Under $60

27 mins ago, RAW said:

Worn out my Bite brand and few others the composite straps fell apart, No crocs  , not just a sneaker that’s ok in water. I don’t fish rocks to bottoms are not crucial.Tevas got hard, no flex, Bought river sandals , sand ate up the mesh some also hold sand, rubber nose. Under $60

Water shoes from Ocean State job lot? Sometimes they have sandal types and are always under $20

Posted (edited) · Report post

I wear these.  Nike Natural Motion.  Free Run shoes.  Kinda a spandex material that holds tight to the skin.  Hardly any sand gets inside. They hold pretty well on a a variety of bottoms.  Lightweight. Dry fast. 

I got them on clearance but I think they run about $100. 

20220619_075254.jpg

Edited by PSegnatelli

beach walking. white tennis sneakers hanging from yer shorts. two pare of light white cotton socks, two plastic trash bags with tye strings in your back pocket.

On your long walk back after dark when the wind and spray are hiting yer legs.

1put on one pair socks,2put on garbage bags,3put on 2nd pair cotton socks,4put on sneakers,5run bag tie's 

to belt to hold up,

enjoy walk back with cold spray on legs in dark while fishen.

My Monomoy  beach walking(high mileage) after dark outfit.

The merrel hydro Mocs are similar to croc material but much better feel imo. The simms sandals I liked but don’t think they make them anymore

For sandy beach - barefoot but not all beaches are sandy so take it for what it's worth.   I too have tried sandals, beach shoes, dive boots and all of them would chafe the s**t out of me.  I've given up trying to find something. 

budget: merrell hydro moc 

premium: keen h2 or other model...can wear em with wading socks too and strap them on tight enough so sand doesn't get between foot and sandal

On 6/20/2022 at 9:03 AM, Richizzzle said:

I was so anti croc because of how dumb they look but man are they comfortable and great for beach fishing :worms:

I reluctantly picked up a pair of Croc sandals for $25, and they turned out to be much sturdier than they looked. Having no fabric to trap sand against skin, they didn't chafe either. And, they float. Looking now, they don't seem to be available. Crocs Men's Swiftwater River Sandal

I personally love these for sandy beaches, you can remove the insoles and wear your waders as well with them and have a tab up front to clip onto.  been using these for like 4 years now.  i have tried everything from Teva /Crocs/ booties and this has held up the best and worked the best imo.  the one piece like mold prevents from anything wearing out that is sewn on like other shoes.  saltwater beats up stuff and these held there own for me.  

Screenshot 2022-06-22 121957.png