iwantmypie

pennfishing82

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I miss him already. Had lots of great discussions with him last year on inexpensive surf reels and Penn 710z’s. He was a wealth of knowledge and a standup guy. He will surely be missed. Respect. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Rot in peace

Ditto. 
Glad that Tim banned him for good. 

Edited by Surfratiam
Read that Tim banned him permanently.

What caused his outburst? I didn’t even know who bill wetzel was, and I still don’t really. From what I’ve read he’s a well liked fishing guide. 

I do not know the guy from  Adam but saw the post  I think when it was first posted up.  There is no way you do not know that kind of content and tone is not gonna fly on this forum.

No reason for a paragraph long post to have more aggressive/hostile f-bombs than all other words combined. 

His post read like a road rage fueled rant.  That or it was a Samuel Jackson rant from hitmans bodyguard or a old Sam Kinison (the screamer) stand up comedic tyraid.  But it was not humorous in the least.

IMHO you should speak  on the net as if you  were all together sitting in your living room i.e. face to face.  It's amazing how humble and respectful the biggest trolls and outburst driven on the net are when it's face to face or even on a phone call.  The internet creates this weird disconnect from our typical social mannerism etc.  Seems to affect the self-control of some people more than others.

You have no idea how many incoherent, vulgar, and abusive rants he posted over the last several weeks, because they were hidden due to his being in moderation queue. Being in the queue means you're already on thin ice, but it also means that people like me have to waste time looking at every one of them to see if there's anything that can be allowed, and editing out the BS if there is. So being on thin ice, he decided to jump up and down on it to see whether he'd fall in, and he did---the Wetzel post was the last straw.

The site's moderators and administrators are all volunteers. We all have better things to do with our time than wade through a stack of infantile posts from people who have been warned to behave. You are always free to start a respectful discussion of good value, inexpensive Penn reels, because I guarantee you that he isn't the only person on the site with that kind of knowledge.

And now, since he can't respond to this thread, and you've been given an explanation of why he's no longer welcome, end of story.

Thread closed.