Seacoast Bob

Boat Rod Question

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Seacoast Bob said:

Musky gear!  Of course!  Thanks RaccoonIs

Yup! Light weight and strong. Rainshadow rev710 and rev810 are similar specs too

I use a Jigging World Black Widow 150. I went the custom route because I prefer a full rear grip on saltwater rods as oppose to the split grip found on their factory models. 

Another nice thing about custom rods is you can choose the guides you want. Bigger guides help with casting distance and I don’t think there are many stock rods that start with a 40 or 50 Fuji K guide

I am a tackle junkie so I try a lot of stuff and to be honest the new line of Offshore Spinning rods from NOMAD TACKLE is outstanding

FB277416-7F13-4DB6-B385-3B354C84AA6A.jpe

I bought one and liked it so much I bought the whole lineup and paired them with Saltiga’s , Stella’s , IRT’s and Accurate’s 

7FDE8DBF-46CF-46A9-BC4E-8F15C75F864C.jpe

they are 2 piece rods which are great for traveling and you need to spend double to get an equal rod. I am taking the lightest one to Florida for jacks in a few days 

Don’t take my word for it watch Peligic Pursuit’s Matt  hammer the snot out of them 

On 6/21/2022 at 2:07 PM, John B said:

Check out the Black Hole Challenger Bank spinning rods.  The 731M throws 1 to 4 oz.  The 761MH throws 3 to 6 oz.  

This would a perfect choice