ExcessiveAngler

Fuji Guides

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I’m getting into fixing my own rods!

And it’s a real pita trying to find someone to sell me a couple size10 Fuji concept double foot reverse surf LC guides!

None of my local tackle shops sell  them anymore either!

Money is tight and I did look online, but no one will ship one or two guides reasonably!

I mean really, the guides are three or four dollars apiece and they want $10 to ship one!

So, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to ask in here or not if someone could spare a few guides!

I’d be more than happy to start a WTB thread so as to not violate any rules if I need to!

Thanks everyone!

EA

Think a head an piggy back with the next order,  or find some one in your area an piggy back on there order ,  the best way in the long run , no free lunch , as I see it 

Not looking for a free lunch my friend lol!

I have no need to put in a order, say at least $75 or more for me to get a few guides.

I am not a rod builder.

I simply wanted to fix one of my own rods!

That’s why I stated I would start a WTB thread.

The guides are literally $3.19 apiece!

I was hoping somebody could ship me a guide or two and I will give them the money plus whatever shipping costs are!

I searched all around my area not too long ago, most of the bait shops closed up around me and just a few of them are just sticking with the basic stuff.

EA

Better quality guides cost more a piece. I've payed over $20 for one guide before. That's just the way it is. Is this the guide your talking about? If so, they're 3.19 a piece and shipping is about 6-7 bucks if you order from mudhole. So if you get two guides its around $15 which I agree is a little high, but that's how things go nowadays. Components can get expensive, depending on the kind of rod you're fixing/building. Good luck fixing your rod. Tight linesFOOGEE.PNG.b0c424e8020205bb0fcc4566d81dde2e.PNG

Posted (edited)

As a thought - you are looking for size 10's - this says to me that they are on the tip section of your rod, adjacent towards the tip top?

You could use KW's, easy to get and they will work just fine; you may even want to replace the 1 or 2 #10's that are not damaged with KW's so the look is uniform.

I still build with Low Riders; but only use 1 or 2 in size 20 and then 16, then I change to KW's for double foot or KT for single foot applications

Edited by ZAFisher

ZA's make a good point here. the kw guides are weigh less also which is never a bad thing at the top of the rod

I'd be happy someone carried that relatively obscure guide, in the color and ceramic of my choice, and pay the money. It's had to be manufactured shipped across the largest ocean on the planet, packed and repacked in containers and trucks both sides of the planet, shipped across country,  put on the shelf waiting for  you, taken off the shelf, but only two of them, boxed, or bagged, labeled and set aside for shipping, sent to a centralized center by someone burning expensive fuel, sent to another center burning fuel, put on a truck to your house burning fuel, all this time all those people being paid a wage for two guides. I think you got a deal.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO DID TRY TO HELP!

Going to be kind a hard to pay this favor forward though!

EA

14 hours ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

I’m getting into fixing my own rods!

And it’s a real pita trying to find someone to sell me a couple size10 Fuji concept double foot reverse surf LC guides!

None of my local tackle shops sell  them anymore either!

Money is tight and I did look online, but no one will ship one or two guides reasonably!

I mean really, the guides are three or four dollars apiece and they want $10 to ship one!

So, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to ask in here or not if someone could spare a few guides!

I’d be more than happy to start a WTB thread so as to not violate any rules if I need to!

Thanks everyone!

EA

If it's your ceramic insert that is broken you can just purchase the insert and install it into the original frame.. I saw these replacement inserts on EBay...

7 mins ago, sytheteacher said:

If it's your ceramic insert that is broken you can just purchase the insert and install it into the original frame.. I saw these replacement inserts on EBay...

Thanks for replying brother!

The second I received my first negative comment!

I went right off site and went to one of my FB rod building groups that I’ve recently joined!

Just funny, I asked for help there and literally received it in five minutes!

Thanks EA

I might have some 10’s in black frame with alconite ring.If you need them I can dig them up.

Please keep the personal, off topic crap out of this forum - it doesn't belong here, this isn't the Tavern. Someone asked for help - if you can't supply that help, that's fine, let someone else do it but please keep the personal garbage out of this forum, keep it to yourself. Thanks :th:

TimS