NHAngler

(Used) Boat prices - put your helmet on…

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sailah said:

It's a 1975 with 2013 300 ETEC.  Not a showpiece like the yellowfin/barker 26 I was looking at this spring.   But it's in pretty good shape with redone transom, fuel tank.   It'll get it done for chasing tuna, albies and for family time over to the islands.

The seller casually offered that he would inquire if the private dock in Hyannis was avail and I'm speaking to owner today about it.   If it works out I'll leave the boat there for rest of season.   Normally I'm trailering whaler back and forth 3-5 days a week during albie season so this would save a lot of that.   Plus I would mainly be using the seacraft in cape anyways going after small tuna. 

Normally I buy boats I fall in love with and they undergo extensive work.   My whaler was a hull up build.  Sailboat I had on the Bristol program.   Not feeling this with the seacraft,  might just be a temp boat but filling a need for this season.   Who knows. 

Congrats! Even if a temp boat, it’s still a means to get to where you want to go. 

Annnnnd, back to the whaler lol.  Seacraft sank at the dock last night after seller put in the water.  Was going to sea trial and close Monday.

Just cannot believe my luck.  That's 3 boats I've had under agreement in 2022, some were close to $200K, this was not.  Guess the big guy wants me to keep pounding away with the Montauk.  Heard ya!!

Resized_20220622_093438_6475.jpeg.e5bc725f80c1d10eb7eb8edc54901c17.jpeg

1 min ago, Bergallmaster said:

Jeebus! What happened? Lucky it wasnt yours yet.

Not really sure yet.  Spoke to seller and he was pretty bummed, or maybe not if his insurance was paid up.

He said plug was in.  I don't know the boat well enough to say what the issue could have been but saltwater washdown or livewell seacocks are my guess.

Now I need to drive back to Osterville and get my cash.

This bad luck is weird for me, usually I'm glass half full and lucky all the time.

10 hours ago, Sailah said:

Not really sure yet.  Spoke to seller and he was pretty bummed, or maybe not if his insurance was paid up.

He said plug was in.  I don't know the boat well enough to say what the issue could have been but saltwater washdown or livewell seacocks are my guess.

Now I need to drive back to Osterville and get my cash.

This bad luck is weird for me, usually I'm glass half full and lucky all the time.

I would considered this to be lucky that you didn’t buy the boat and sink miles off shore.