R.R. Bridge Fisher

BILL WETZEL

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, pakalolo said:

Thanks for the info Vito. will look into donating to that charity

Pak, I know the night and place you were referring to because I was there with Our Mutual Friend.  We met Bill and his Charter in the lot.  Our Mutual Friend was Furious and it was only the fact that I asked him to bite his lip and not say anything that he did. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/20/2022 at 8:16 AM, Lou T said:

It sucks having a spot you were on pretty much to your self, get invaded. Some are enjoying what we do, some have to share, some are there for the bragging rights, and others are there to capitalize on it. While the few that fished it themselves found themselves, saying, what just happened.

One year the bait wintered over in a small body of water they really never did before. The very next spring brought world class fishing to that quiet little body of water, and so came the world.

Ha ha yeah a major bummer. In my area staying quiet and out of sight can make a big difference. Also helps to make a point of ALWAYS not talking about specifics even when you aren't hiding anything.

Edited by TopStriperAngler

On 6/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, MitchellNJ said:

He could use a new cap

There is a reason for that.

Find out why he has been wearing that old hat and than post again.

I fished with Bill (as a client) many years ago when I was using a Penn 705z, he's great, and a real straight shooter.

Trip Lowlight - Nothing to do with Bill. I left my place in the city for Montauk around 1am - thought I'd have a nice quiet drive out East, The Grand Central was a Parking lot - welcome to New Yawk.

Trip Highlights - Bill taught me a lot and really pushed me beyond my comfort zone (I was then, and now,  mainly a feet in the sand caster, not a stand on a rock under 3 feet of water in the dark with an incoming tide caster). We both started catching nice fish within a few casts as the sun rose, amazing. Later in the day we came upon a blitz, lots of guys frantically throwing lots of big plugs, then I got to see Jack Yee remove a beefy treble hook (attached to a 3oz pencil popper) from some poor guys hand, I still don't like treble hooks. Bill was terrific.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, MitchellNJ said:

He could use a new cap

Hahaha I think the same thing when I watch his videos.

Edit: he was on here at one point, probably still is. 

Edited by MAGA

16 hours ago, MAGA said:
On 6/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, MitchellNJ said:

He could use a new cap

Hahaha I think the same thing when I watch his videos.

If you search or ask around you will find the reason why is he wearing that old, beat up hat.

And it is a very good one.

But, I think he doesn't wear it anymore.

His son may took it over wearing that "famous" hat