R.R. Bridge Fisher

BILL WETZEL

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

I like that guy Ygotzto GetthoffYrass. Nobody fishes like him.  Never will see a book, youtube, or any social media about him. 

2 hours ago, pakalolo said:

The mugging I speak of was not Montauk but a very off the beaten path  spot. Showing up night after night , then having his customers coming back with their friends , then those friends coming back turned a formerly quiet area into a freaking circus. 

. . . don't sound like a BW mugging to me :shame: . . .

. . . sounds more like his customers spot burn :dismay: :laugh: . . . 

I was in the market for some new waders for this year. Was doing research, comparing, had a few on the short list,etc. Then just happened upon a vid of his on YouTube he’d just posted days before titled “all waders suck!”   Immediately tossed my list of candidates out the window and just bought the ones he suggested, and I couldn’t be happier with them.   

48 mins ago, 1amson said:

I was in the market for some new waders for this year. Was doing research, comparing, had a few on the short list,etc. Then just happened upon a vid of his on YouTube he’d just posted days before titled “all waders suck!”   Immediately tossed my list of candidates out the window and just bought the ones he suggested, and I couldn’t be happier with them.   

The TEKs are a tighter fit in the boot than the Emergers. I think the boots on the TEKs are just all around better. There's also a better transition from the boot to the pant on the TEKs than on the Emergers. Emergers it's kind of sudden transition and the top of the boot can rub leg. 

I think a lot of this stuff depends on body type though. I routinely get holes in the pant right above the boot. This time I tried a 1" seam of Seam Grip (aquaseal but thinner) at the wear area. We'll see how it goes!

6 hours ago, TopStriperAngler said:

The TEKs are a tighter fit in the boot than the Emergers. I think the boots on the TEKs are just all around better. There's also a better transition from the boot to the pant on the TEKs than on the Emergers. Emergers it's kind of sudden transition and the top of the boot can rub leg. 

I think a lot of this stuff depends on body type though. I routinely get holes in the pant right above the boot. This time I tried a 1" seam of Seam Grip (aquaseal but thinner) at the wear area. We'll see how it goes!

Yeah he mentioned in that vid I referenced that the one Con is they may be loose around the ankles, depending on body type lol.  I don’t mind, i like a roomy wader. Still remains to be seen how they hold up for me. So far they’ve only been used 90% for trout fishing in the quinapoxet. 

22 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I like that guy Ygotzto GetthoffYrass. Nobody fishes like him.  Never will see a book, youtube, or any social media about him. 

Must be an older guy.

If for nothing else Bill Deserves Praise for his Fund Raising efforts that has sent many young children with Cancer to Camp for a week or two. I never enter his contests but I have always supported  the work he does for these children. I have Made and Donated To all of His Shin Digs from Day One at The Oak Beach Inn, then to Sag Harbor and for the past couple of years at Captree. . Some of you may Not Know about his  Fund Raising Efforts.so I thought I would mention it.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, pakalolo said:

The mugging I speak of was not Montauk but a very off the beaten path  spot. Showing up night after night , then having his customers coming back with their friends , then those friends coming back turned a formerly quiet area into a freaking circus. 

tell me about it

forrest gump happy face shirt Online Sale, UP TO 70% OFF

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, pakalolo said:

I don't blame Bill Witzel, a guide making a living. That's all.

If you we're on a bite, would you leave.

It sucks having a spot you were on pretty much to your self, get invaded. Some are enjoying what we do, some have to share, some are there for the bragging rights, and others are there to capitalize on it. While the few that fished it themselves found themselves, saying, what just happened.

One year the bait wintered over in a small body of water they really never did before. The very next spring brought world class fishing to that quiet little body of water, and so came the world.

Edited by Lou T

Bill is legit.  Good guy, knowledgeable fisherman, and raises a good chunk of change for a kid's charity with his annual tournament.  Plus-he taught the world how to pee wearing waders!!!!

7 hours ago, Stripedbass50lbs said:

If for nothing else Bill Deserves Praise for his Fund Raising efforts that has sent many young children with Cancer to Camp for a week or two. I never enter his contests but I have always supported  the work he does for these children. I have Made and Donated To all of His Shin Digs from Day One at The Oak Beach Inn, then to Sag Harbor and for the past couple of years at Captree. . Some of you may Not Know about his  Fund Raising Efforts.so I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for the info Vito. will look into donating to that charity