R.R. Bridge Fisher

BILL WETZEL

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Elvis Costello

Most defiantly not Billy Joel :)

I very much enjoy his vids. I'd love to fish w/ him!

JD

I love this guy. Watched and listened to every piece of content on the internet I could get my hands on. Saw him speak at Ward Melville HS this spring and I could have sat there for 8 hours. Just a legend and seems like the nicest guy in the sport. I gotta join SRB

All around great guy --I used to sit in on his seminars in his early days of his career--the lami and the VAN STAAL 300 was always in his hands-always wondered if he ever slept with that outfit-the man loves fishing-he has a passion--rreelman

Theres alot more to being a guide than you think.

Its tuff work and the stress on you at times.

You have to size up your party, make sure there safe.  Not so much if yhey can fish or not. Love teaching people how to fish and understand what to do.

This is what makes a great guide and thsts what i use to love about guiding

Putting people on fish is work and very rewarding 

Not everyone can be a shore guide.

I miss doing it.....

man, i thoroughly enjoy these late night videos he has been posting on IG.

i cannot fathom working all day and driving out to montauk to fish and drive home to do it again... absolute machine.

1 hour ago, GarbageFish said:

man, i thoroughly enjoy these late night videos he has been posting on IG.

i cannot fathom working all day and driving out to montauk to fish and drive home to do it again... absolute machine.

U get use to it lol

Never fished with him, but I can't help but like the guy. He is the real deal. Have sat for a seminar or two and enjoyed his presentation. How can anyone say a bad word about the big teddy bear???? There are some real walking miseries on Long Island!

Bill was always a welcomed speaker and vendor at JSS's Surf Day when I was still a member.  Always enjoyed his seminars as he was personable and colorful. 

One of the hardest working guides you'll find plying the skinny waters of LI.  

5 hours ago, pakalolo said:

A mugger

For 350 to hear him talk ? You bet but he's getting it , unbelievable. Hard to believe people want to do that instead of going fishing and learning on their own. 350$ Wow. God bless that man. That's 10 real nice Bassmaster plugs that will catch   

Pakalolo,

Montauk has many muggers. The Northside is a flock of seagulls at a garbage dump!

The boat guys are muggers as well as the fly boats. If they don't bother you the seals will, LOL. Opportunity knocks and the herd follows, especially today when fish are fewer and far between.

The mugging I speak of was not Montauk but a very off the beaten path  spot. Showing up night after night , then having his customers coming back with their friends , then those friends coming back turned a formerly quiet area into a freaking circus.