Hookedup2640

CTS or Century

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, animalbarrie said:

My vote would be CTS1306, but if transport is a concern the three piece Ballistic is very convenient to travel with.  

CTS can make 3 piece blanks.

I have asked and received costs for a  S7 14'6" 5-8oz and a S8 14' 5-8oz (you would call both a 7-12oz)

Not ordered yet as I spent money on a handful of CTS fly blanks 1st.

B

@HL

Edited by ZAFisher

1 hour ago, ZAFisher said:

CTS can make 3 piece blanks.

I have asked and received costs for a  S7 14'6" 5-8oz and a S8 14' 5-8oz (you would call both a 7-12oz)

Not ordered yet as I spent money on a handful of CTS fly blanks 1st.

B

The three piece Ballistics are decent rods. Some have claimed breakage issues with CTS rods. At this point I will steer clients to Century, for high end best quality. A friend of mine has alluded to a new CTS blank named the MATRIX. He says they are hard to find and I did not locate any data on the CTS web site. Hope you have great success with the CTS fly rods. I have heard good things concerning North Fork Composite fly blanks. Thanks for responding and hope you get out and "Catch em Up"

Posted (edited)

These fly blanks are also a bit special ie not on the website. Super excited.

Incidentally, three piece heavers are the norm here in SA; two piece uncommon.

Edited by ZAFisher

Posted (edited)

I had a cts VT 1-3 that exploded on a fish. It was an incredible rod and weighed next to nothing at 11’. I also have the S8 and own and have had many Century rods…..CTS is lighter but overall more fragile (it seems to me) but I enjoy fishing them more than the Century equivalents.

Edited by Slack Tidings

I've had a century for a little while now and it's become my favorite surf rod. I have a 9'6'' that I use for just about everything. It is relatively light and incredibly strong.