z-man

Commercial Bass Season

Rate this topic

165 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I don't believe that nobody had a clue that killing thousands of stripers would not have any impact on the fish.

Was everyone that blind?

Maybe nobody cared.

I don't know I wasn't fishing then.

You had the incredible opportunity to decimate the striper population and as sportsmen nobody knew?

Sorry just my thoughts. 

We are lucky there's any left.

The difference then Mike was greed ! There was no limit to the amount of fish you could catch and sell! It was about money not the fish . 

Just now, Gloucester2 said:

bob - I don’t have a dog in the hunt on this whole back and forth but I appreciate your honesty and willingness to share personal information that you don’t have to.   Most of the others hurling rocks at you would never be as candid.  

and the rock hurlers can hold their snark.     I’ve never met or interacted with Bob other than on this forum.   

I love the history as well.

It's all very important in my opinion. 

23 mins ago, shark lobster said:

The difference then Mike was greed ! There was no limit to the amount of fish you could catch and sell! It was about money not the fish . 

Like you said 

There were limitations on deer,turkey,bear ect.

38 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I don't believe that nobody had a clue that killing thousands of stripers would not have any impact on the fish.

Was everyone that blind?

Maybe nobody cared.

I don't know I wasn't fishing then.

You had the incredible opportunity to decimate the striper population and as sportsmen nobody knew?

Sorry just my thoughts. 

We are lucky there's any left.

Even now most people think the sea has an endless supply of fish. It seems like most of the people making the laws  even think this still. 

I remember in the 70's when I was a kid literally filling fish boxes with blues and selling them for pennies on the pound.  We would get a case of beer, jump in our 4 WD and head out on Nauset for the night.  It was not unusual to come in with 2 or 3 boxes full of fish.   

We thought it was impossible to hurt the resource

We were wrong.

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Even now most people think the sea has an endless supply of fish. It seems like most of the people making the laws  even think this still. 

Sadly it still seems to be "out of sight, out of mind."

Posted (edited) · Report post

After all your :waah:I need  :blackcock: Every year with you guys :sdf: at the same time :fire::fire: :fire::shrug::shrug::shrug:.............:upck:

Edited by robc22

"Fishing for money" is a very strange motivator to do things one may consider unethical otherwise.

It happens today just as it has for centuries and will continue to do so.

4 hours ago, robc22 said:

After all your :waah:I need  :blackcock: Every year with you guys :sdf: at the same time :fire::fire: :fire::shrug::shrug::shrug:.............:upck:

If that's directed at me no thanks you can have your special drink all to yourself sicko

2 hours ago, jason colby said:

"Fishing for money" is a very strange motivator to do things one may consider unethical otherwise.

It happens today just as it has for centuries and will continue to do so.

And you can put just about any word instead of fishing in there and it will hold true as well.  

Once $$$ comes into play, ethics and morals go out the window with most people.  

On 6/21/2022 at 11:11 AM, BillyBallGame said:

Saw some really brutal stuff from a few commercial striper bass boats yesterday. Gaffing short commercial fish and throwing them back. Keeping way more than the allotted 15 fish. Yes they were reported. No I don't think it will do anything. I think I've seen one EP boat boarding boats so far this year. Where are they? 

The bite was incredible. Multiple 40lb fish. You couldn't get a pogie back to the boat without it being eaten. Charter clients were pumped to say the least. But the shenanigans in that fleet really bummed me out. And don't get me started on all the instagram posts with hordes of dead bass. 

Yep.  That sucks. 

More and more reports with images and video of crappy behavior on the Com and rec side.   As with many things, phones (cameras) coupled with  social media are hastening a decline.  

7 hours ago, robc22 said:

I appreciate the effort but all I got from this is that because of a baby crying you need Black Cahk

9 hours ago, robc22 said:

Reading about saving stripers makes you crave black cock?

That’s strange.