Maine Guide

Ukraine?

Rate this topic

6,307 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 10:26 PM, Beastly Backlash said:

Facts do not matter to some people eryv.

Indeed they don't, which is why you felt free to invent mysterious evildoing in Ukraine by Whitey Bulger's son, and Mitt Romney. Which you haven't explained, and won't, or mentioned the source of this remarkable information, which you won't do either.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:26 PM, Beastly Backlash said:

Everything that some people do not agree with gets labeled as a conspiracy theory as a way of preserving a mind determined to maintain its own biases.

Speaking of conspiracies, how did Whitey Bulger and Mitt Romney get involved? I am all ears.

1 hour ago, Heron25 said:

All three of them?

I saw "nine" mentioned, but the point is simply that Europe is indeed appalled by, and frightened of, the Russian invasion.

19 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Speaking of "anti-reality," how does Whitey Bulger's kid get involved? And Mitt Romney?

Huh?????

You really are lost and confused. You brought them up for who knows what and now you are saying I mentioned those guys?

19 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Speaking of "anti-reality," how does Whitey Bulger's kid get involved? And Mitt Romney?

Huh?????

You really are lost and confused. You brought them up for who knows what and now you are saying I mentioned those guys?

11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Indeed they don't, which is why you felt free to invent mysterious evildoing in Ukraine by Whitey Bulger's son, and Mitt Romney. Which you haven't explained, and won't, or mentioned the source of this remarkable information, which you won't do either.

Speaking of conspiracies, how did Whitey Bulger and Mitt Romney get involved? I am all ears.

What are you even talking about?

Posted (edited)

39 mins ago, BrianBM said:

It's a straightforward issue, IMHO. Did Russia invade Ukraine? Did Russia restore war as a policy option to mainland Europe? Will the conquest of Ukraine be followed by further lunges towards the Baltic states? Is it seriously possible to doubt it? 

Much better to stop Peter the Great II before he goes any further. Best of all would be to see Russia expelled from Ukrainian territory, though I think it's a forlorn hope.

Russia has also invaded other countries, no one gave a **** because they were in Asia.  China has annexed and punished Tibet since the 50's- how much military weaponry, financial aid and humanitarian support have we sent them and continue to send to them? 

Ukraine isn't 100% against being a part of Russia, that's why it isn't a black and white issue.  Ukraine also isn't a part of NATO, so the US has no obligation to be involved in this conflict.  Russia is evil and corrupt, Ukraine is evil and corrupt.  Let Europe take care of it if they feel the need.  

Edited by Heron25

Posted (edited)

32 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I saw "nine" mentioned, but the point is simply that Europe is indeed appalled by, and frightened of, the Russian invasion.

Appalled!  Well, since you put it that way.  That doesn't mean unanimous support for Ukraine at the expense of destroying their own economies and energy infrastructure.  

Russia isn't stupid enough to invade Europe because they know that would mean nuclear war with the US.  They're content chipping away at Europe by cutting off the teat of oil and gas until Europe is begging to be Russia's bitch once again.  

Edited by Heron25

Posted (edited)

From The Hill:  Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters backs Russia, calls Biden a ‘war criminal’ over Ukraine. 

Beady eyes Biden a war criminal? That's a stretch. 

Edited by rwalter7

28 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

What are you even talking about?

~

I'm the one that told him about other peoples kids on Ukraine Energy boards, he's getting long in the tooth.

27 mins ago, BrianBM said:

They finally pulled their heads out of their asses, as Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth. They may have a very cold winter without Ruskie gas. If they had listened to Trump they may have secured better energy sources. I also suspect they are appalled by Biden's mishandled withdrawal from Astan.

45 mins ago, nalu22 said:

~

I'm the one that told him about other peoples kids on Ukraine Energy boards, he's getting long in the tooth.

Lol!

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Lol. 

Because Pelosi Jr. did not work for NRGlab during the time in which the company is alleged to have done business in Ukraine, and because the product allegedly produced by NRGlab in Ukraine does not exist, we rank the claim that “Nancy Pelosi’s son is an executive at a gas company that did business in Ukraine” as “False.”

~
Ahhh, "the fact-checkers" have spoken! ~ :laugh:

Did you double check on Snopes, or is this from Snopes?

Keltan, and others here, have quoted Amnesty International in an effort to blame Ukraine and absolve Russia for the consequences being endured by Ukrainian civilians. 

I’m sure Keltan agrees with their other research. 

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is an act of aggression that has unleashed the gravest human rights and refugee crisis in Europe since World War Two. Amnesty International is documenting serious violations of international humanitarian and human rights law, including the unlawful killing and injury of civilians, destruction of infrastructure, and blocking of desperately needed aid for civilians. Attacks on hospitals and schools, employing “surrender or starve” sieges on civilians, the use of banned weapons such as cluster munitions, and strikes on populated areas using inaccurate weapons may constitute war crimes.” 

-AI website 

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

~
They're wicked smat energy peoples, just like Hunter.