Tom T

ROONERS FLUKE (HISTORY) X!!!!!

Rate this topic

2,930 posts in this topic

Suntzu and I caught and fished snappers one day. He was down to his last one and saving it for the last drift. He put on two spearing and caught a 13lb fruke. 

So, spearing rules.

4 mins ago, Mike said:

Suntzu and I caught and fished snappers one day. He was down to his last one and saving it for the last drift. He put on two spearing and caught a 13lb fruke. 

So, spearing rules.

At least once. :laugh: :th:

1 min ago, Jdeadman66 said:

My grandfather loved it. And he primarily fished fluke, it was his favorite to eat.

Same here. I would take my boat out a 0 dark thirty, fish for Stripers all around the Cape, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Then some time after daybreak I would start fishing for Fluke. I pounded that whole area hard for Fluke for quite a few years. Again, spearing was my worst producing bait of all the choices.

Glad it worked for you and your grandfather. Just didn't do it for me and just about everyone else I know.

2 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Same here. I would take my boat out a 0 dark thirty, fish for Stripers all around the Cape, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Then some time after daybreak I would start fishing for Fluke. I pounded that whole area hard for Fluke for quite a few years. Again, spearing was my worst producing bait of all the choices.

Glad it worked for you and your grandfather. Just didn't do it for me and just about everyone else I know.

I didn’t have much choice lol his boat his bait etc. now I wanna go fishing 

Just now, MitchellNJ said:

People eat spearing? :upck:

Give me a bucket of fresh seined ones, some flour and a pot of oil.  I'll change your mind.

14 mins ago, Tom T said:

Give me a bucket of fresh seined ones, some flour and a pot of oil.  I'll change your mind.

In Korea they net them and toss them on the black top for a couple of hours with salt.

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

Nice. I need to get out there one of these days...

Come on man, let’s do it. The last 3 mornings were perfect conditions.

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Out doing some scouting this morning. Decent bite going on the last few days. Saw Kenny and the Mimi cruise by heading north.

616EBBA0-FA7A-4E6F-9A0D-6E75B3B76C9E.jpeg

Probably didn’t get the tip in advance.