stripahslayah

Sharks and Stripers

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, Joe G said:

If ya look what facts we now have, yes, I see no evidence of fraud. 

Then again, wearing the black robe and passing judgement while simultaneously acting as investigator may give some pause and cry conflict of interest.  But it is what it is.  We work with what we have. 

Non-refutable statements from CWitek  and Bob G convinced me that the cockamamie yahoo idea that an ax severed that bass, and it was all a hoax was just plain hogwash. 

Your Honor,

Without belaboring this, let me add one more overlooked fact.

At the time that photo was taken, I was in college, and fishing stripers commercially.  I was young, money was scarce and each and every fish was valuable.

If my memory serves me, stripers that size were paying between $0.75-$1 a pound. Therefore that fish was worth anywhere from $5.25-$7.   

There's no way I would mutilate that fish and sacrifice that money for some sort of hairbrained hoax.

13 hours ago, bob_G said:

Your Honor,

Without belaboring this, let me add one more overlooked fact.

At the time that photo was taken, I was in college, and fishing stripers commercially.  I was young, money was scarce and each and every fish was valuable.

If my memory serves me, stripers that size were paying between $0.75-$1 a pound. Therefore that fish was worth anywhere from $5.25-$7.   

There's no way I would mutilate that fish and sacrifice that money for some sort of hairbrained hoax.

...,,,.and that is the very reason why I ruled in your favor, Bob.  There is no reason for you to mutilate that $7 bass for picture takin' purposes.

To even suggest you did it for nefarious reasons is just plain silly, preposterous and indicative of some of the cockamamie hairbrained yahoo thought processes that unfortunately prevail in todays society.

Pay such folks no never mind, Bob.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, b-ware said:

But there is no BS...............

Speaking of no BS, I was driving to the MGM a couple days ago and I noticed an exit for Ware? All this time I thought it was some dumb inside joke on this forum, but I guess Ware is a real place?

11 hours ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Speaking of no BS, I was driving to the MGM a couple days ago and I noticed an exit for Ware? All this time I thought it was some dumb inside joke on this forum, but I guess Ware is a real place?

Yes and no. It exists, but like Glockamorra in "Brigadoon," it only becomes visible once a century.

20 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Yes and no. It exists, but like Glockamorra in "Brigadoon," it only becomes visible once a century.

That explains why I've seen the sign only once out of many trips to MGM!

Try wading up to your tits at night slinging eels then come back and talk to me about sharks. Boat fish dont count. Carry on. 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:51 AM, captahab416 said:

Try wading up to your tits at night slinging eels then come back and talk to me about sharks. Boat fish dont count. Carry on. 

Hey, look everybody! It's Billy Badass! No one's as badass as Billy ,especially if you fish from a boat