stripahslayah

Sharks and Stripers

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Also, let the record show that there were no seals anywhere along the Elizabeths at the time that fish was caught.  I never saw a single one in all the years I fished there.  They had just become federally protected a year or so earlier since they were almost extinct. Most times, I was the only one fishing out there. 

 

Secondly, on the day the event took place, I mentioned I saw a shark in the area all day, as evidenced by it's dorsal fin.  

So ya, it was a shark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 mins ago, K Foley said:

Does this mean the investigation is over and conclude fraud does not exist?:

 

If ya look what facts we now have, yes, I see no evidence of fraud. 

 

Then again, wearing the black robe and passing judgement while simultaneously acting as investigator may give some pause and cry conflict of interest.  But it is what it is.  We work with what we have. 

 

Non-refutable statements from CWitek  and Bob G convinced me that the cockamamie yahoo idea that an ax severed that bass, and it was all a hoax was just plain hogwash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

If ya look what facts we now have, yes, I see no evidence of fraud. 

 

Then again, wearing the black robe and passing judgement while simultaneously acting as investigator may give some pause and cry conflict of interest.  But it is what it is.  We work with what we have. 

 

Non-refutable statements from CWitek  and Bob G convinced me that the cockamamie yahoo idea that an ax severed that bass, and it was all a hoax was just plain hogwash. 

Cockamamie yahoo, so you to start calling people names here, talk about yahoos, who "claims to have 15 embedded ticks a year, drag a deer out of the woods and guts in a barn and then gives the gut pile to the chickens and what about the beaver carcass wrapped in a sheet a "mile" in the woods" and you mister councilor living in seclusion in the second filthiest city on the east coast......................... and I am a yahoo...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I'm not sure I should wish for more tigers, in close, in seal waters. They'd bring complications of their own.

 

Nothing to do but go for the big guns. CWitek, you have connections, can you get some green cards issued to north Canadian orcas that eat mammals to come south and chew on our seals?

I'd love to see orcas off Long Island.  They're very few and far between right now.  I heard of one around the Texas Tower maybe 25 years ago, and another off New Jersey two or three years ago, and that's about it,

 

Tigers probably aren't fast enough to feed on seals regularly.  They've got the teeth and size for the job, but they tend to feed on slower stuff--skates, rays, flounders, smaller inshore sharks, sea turtles, etc.  Down in the Gulf of Mexico, they commonly feed on songbirds that exhaust themselves during migration and fall into the water.  An injured seal, or maybe a young one, would be most attractive.

 

On the other hand, Mr. White is already here, and if we start seeing gray seal numbers increase, will probably invite his relatives over for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bob_G said:

A hoax. :laugh:. Yup a huge Machievellian plot I hatched over 47 years ago.  You see, I had a vision. An epiphany if you will. I envisioned technology would eventually evolve, and link up everyone in the world. We would all able to share thoughts, opinions and photos instantaneously.  

So rather than act upon it, and become fabulously wealthy, I decided to stage this photo. Hang onto it for almost a half century, so I could fool some stumpjumper from Ware.

 

Yup, makes sense.

Right up there with Nikola Tesla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Right up there with Nikola Tesla


Reportedly, Nikola Tesla had an IQ anywhere from 160–310. 
Unsure what Bob G’s IQ is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe G said:


Reportedly, Nikola Tesla had an IQ anywhere from 160–310. 
Unsure what Bob G’s IQ is.  

N T helps Bernie with his lawn figurines. You can tell by their detail and style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ifishthebadspots said:

Should I worry fishing the flats in Dennis area? I saw 3 seals a good cast away from me, I wasn't even waist deep. Will sharks ever test these waters?

The flats no.  There was a 15 footer cruising Billingsgate a few days ago and they are often seen off of Sandy Neck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, ifishthebadspots said:

Should I worry fishing the flats in Dennis area? I saw 3 seals a good cast away from me, I wasn't even waist deep. Will sharks ever test these waters?

There is an old trick for determining if there are sharks in the area (taught to me by my Gramps when I was a kid).

1.  Look around, do you see any fins?   If no, good!

2.  Listen for splashing, do hear anything?  If no, good?

3.  Taste the water, is it salty?  If yes, there are sharks out there.

Edited by Jeff270

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2022 at 3:35 PM, b-ware said:

Cockamamie yahoo, so you to start calling people names here, talk about yahoos, who "claims to have 15 embedded ticks a year, drag a deer out of the woods and guts in a barn and then gives the gut pile to the chickens and what about the beaver carcass wrapped in a sheet a "mile" in the woods" and you mister councilor living in seclusion in the second filthiest city on the east coast......................... and I am a yahoo...................

That's quite a long sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

That's quite a long sentence

His punctuation keys are stuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.