2oz Spooks?

Rate this topic

ermghoti

There seems to be a large gap in the commonly available sizes of this lure. I can get all the 1oz I could want, I can get bushels of 2.75-3.25, but the only 2oz I see is a wood offering from 24/7, and it sounds more like a spook shaped pencil popper. Am I missing one?

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075

NorCalKat has a 2.2 oz 7.25" spook called a HiredGunz. He has another one at same length but smaller diameter weighs 1.75oz. 

I suggest make own from western red cedar dowels in 3/4" diameter. Try one at 7" and one at 9"? Just round off the ends, maybe a 1" taper on tail, or not. Hot dog or broom stick shape in other words no shaping involved. Weight so sits a bit tail down. Screw eyes, seal the wood with epoxy and glue in weights at same time, krylon it white and don't bother with another coat of epoxy. Canal rig a single belly hook.  go fishing.  

Edited by TopStriperAngler

2oz will be back, sooner than later.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

4 mins ago, Gatr522 said:

It's no Afterhours for sure but this is a decent plastic spook:  Strike King KVD Mega Dawg Topwater Walker is a 6 inch, 2 ounce topwater walker 

That's right, I remember seeing that. I bought a KVD branded fillet knife in a pinch, and it was kind of junk, so I was skeptical.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075