Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

So the girlfriend is on her way home from a girls Vacation....

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, East Tide said:

I've went to Vieques, probably 1998 or so and don't know what it's like now. At the time it was a beautiful island and hadn't been developed at all. Old school Caribbean. 

It still was about 3yrs ago, you still see some boolshit every now and then

One of my best friends worked for a cellular tower company. Company asked for volunteers to work in PR for six months to build a couple of towers there. Money was good so he volunteered. He lasted three weeks. The motel they stayed in was fortified with a huge concertina fence and armed guards and they (the motel) was building a wall around the motel. My friend said that they were warned not to be outside the fence after dark. The locals had been killing Americans. Two of the crew went out and got drunk. Didn't make it back into the "compound" before dark. They got robbed and beaten so bad they both ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks. One of them damn near died. My friend bought a plane ticket for home the next day after that happened. Said it was worse than our ghettos there....and ten times more dangerous.

That was back in the early 2000's. I can't imagine it has gotten any better.

Guessing that everyone that has had a terrible time in PR never left the greater San Juan area?? 

We were in PR in February and had a great time, never worried about our safety except when we spent the day in San Juan. The people were friendly, food was great, and landscape was stunning. We'll definitely be going back

Giant Ferns in the rainforest

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and tree

Cliffs at Ciales

May be an image of 1 person, tree, nature, sky and mountain

I spent a month in the NW part of the island as a kid (12-13)   Was awesome. Mountains, jungle, chickens & fruit trees everywhere.  All the fireworks a boy could want.  Champagne Kola & pinchos (bbq meat on stick)  

Seriously good times. 

I remember following this path in the jungle down into this massive crater.  Huge waterfall. Big ole crystal clear pool and 3 naked ladies jumpin off the falls into the water.    PARADISE!!

1 hour ago, Mack26 said:

Lucky they didn’t get killed, most of these places have slum areas where scumbags will kill you for your shoes.

Like some one else said,   that's why you stay at the resort .

12 hours ago, East Tide said:

Def std test her, stat.

Yup

honey, vacation was horrible, we had a miserable time, lol.