burkie

Jumper on the Sagamore bridge

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, burkie said:

Bridge is closed,  , Broadcastify app, on your phone

Is it Joe G?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News report…….”Sagamore Bridge closed at 7 PM due to police activity.  Motorists urged to use the Bourne Bridge.  Minor vehicular accidents resulted from the rerouting”
 

News update at 8 PM……….”A situation with an emotionally disturbed person has come to a peaceful end and the victim is being taken to a hospital for evaluation.  Sagamore Bridge has been reopened”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good to hear, he'll  get help, now what about the shooting yesterday afternoon Onset Beach, they airlifted the person , but did the shooter get caught 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hummmm?  How do you know that emotionally disturbed person at the Sag was a “he”?
 

WPD are keeping a lid on the Onset shooting. Victim was airlifted from Toby. No word on victim’s condition. Unknown if the shooter has been apprehended. No names have been released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Hummmm?  How do you know that emotionally disturbed person at the Sag was a “he”?
 

WPD are keeping a lid on the Onset shooting. Victim was airlifted from Toby. No word on victim’s condition. Unknown if the shooter has been apprehended. No names have been released. 

I have not heard anything about this. Guess they don't want to disrupt tourism until a couple more folks get shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

I have not heard anything about this. Guess they don't want to disrupt tourism until a couple more folks get shot?

It’s there, however you must search for it to find it.  Certainly it’s being low keyed by the authorities. Your not off base by suggesting the town wants to keep the lid on this with high season coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe G said:

It’s there, however you must search for it to find it.  Certainly it’s being low keyed by the authorities. Your not off base by suggesting the town wants to keep the lid on this with high season coming up. 

Oh I was not doubting you for a second, but I think its bogus to not be publicized, especially with the shooter on the run. They can at least give some details like "drug deal gone wrong" or "victim knew the shooter" so regular folks can feel a little safer, if they even have such information.

 

Its amazing what goes on in Boston as well. How often do you see murders in Boston on the news? If you want to know how often it happens, or someone gets shot or stabbed or assaulted, just read the police blotters for various parts of Boston. Of course most of these things happen in 1 or 2 districts, but my point is by not publicizing it, they are keeping property values high, which obviously benefits certain people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 mins ago, burkie said:

Joe g, you being an retired judge can't you make some phone calls

.

Edited by Richard_the_Aughth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, burkie said:

Joe g, you being an retired judge can't you make some phone calls


Sure, but I will not call in chits for minor stuff like this, Burkie.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the jumper, I wonder how far he actually got? That fence on the span is pretty tough to climb over. Presumably someone spotted him and called it in before it even got to that point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, bdowning said:

Back to the jumper, I wonder how far he actually got? That fence on the span is pretty tough to climb over. Presumably someone spotted him and called it in before it even got to that point...

You have to have spider man powers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.