burkie

Jumper on the Sagamore bridge

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, burkie said:

Bridge is closed,  , Broadcastify app, on your phone

Is it Joe G?

News report…….”Sagamore Bridge closed at 7 PM due to police activity.  Motorists urged to use the Bourne Bridge.  Minor vehicular accidents resulted from the rerouting”

News update at 8 PM……….”A situation with an emotionally disturbed person has come to a peaceful end and the victim is being taken to a hospital for evaluation.  Sagamore Bridge has been reopened”.

That's good to hear, he'll  get help, now what about the shooting yesterday afternoon Onset Beach, they airlifted the person , but did the shooter get caught 

Hummmm?  How do you know that emotionally disturbed person at the Sag was a “he”?

WPD are keeping a lid on the Onset shooting. Victim was airlifted from Toby. No word on victim’s condition. Unknown if the shooter has been apprehended. No names have been released. 

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Hummmm?  How do you know that emotionally disturbed person at the Sag was a “he”?

WPD are keeping a lid on the Onset shooting. Victim was airlifted from Toby. No word on victim’s condition. Unknown if the shooter has been apprehended. No names have been released. 

I have not heard anything about this. Guess they don't want to disrupt tourism until a couple more folks get shot?

1 hour ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

I have not heard anything about this. Guess they don't want to disrupt tourism until a couple more folks get shot?

It’s there, however you must search for it to find it.  Certainly it’s being low keyed by the authorities. Your not off base by suggesting the town wants to keep the lid on this with high season coming up. 

Just now, Joe G said:

It’s there, however you must search for it to find it.  Certainly it’s being low keyed by the authorities. Your not off base by suggesting the town wants to keep the lid on this with high season coming up. 

Oh I was not doubting you for a second, but I think its bogus to not be publicized, especially with the shooter on the run. They can at least give some details like "drug deal gone wrong" or "victim knew the shooter" so regular folks can feel a little safer, if they even have such information.

Its amazing what goes on in Boston as well. How often do you see murders in Boston on the news? If you want to know how often it happens, or someone gets shot or stabbed or assaulted, just read the police blotters for various parts of Boston. Of course most of these things happen in 1 or 2 districts, but my point is by not publicizing it, they are keeping property values high, which obviously benefits certain people.

Posted (edited)

7 mins ago, burkie said:

Joe g, you being an retired judge can't you make some phone calls

Edited by Richard_the_Aughth

15 mins ago, burkie said:

Joe g, you being an retired judge can't you make some phone calls

Sure, but I will not call in chits for minor stuff like this, Burkie.  

Back to the jumper, I wonder how far he actually got? That fence on the span is pretty tough to climb over. Presumably someone spotted him and called it in before it even got to that point...

26 mins ago, bdowning said:

Back to the jumper, I wonder how far he actually got? That fence on the span is pretty tough to climb over. Presumably someone spotted him and called it in before it even got to that point...

You have to have spider man powers