chewy2000913

Manasquan Inlet kayak fishing

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jeff270 said:

I never stated I would take foolish risks.. you are making unsubstantiated assumptions.  My point is that our freedoms have been eroded to the point that, in many cases, we are no longer free to make our own decisions without breaking the law.. we are no longer free.  And one is less free if they are not in an economically strong position.. but that's a conversation for another forum.. 

5 mins ago, JimK said:

I never stated I would take foolish risks.. you are making unsubstantiated assumptions.  My point is that our freedoms have been eroded to the point that, in many cases, we are no longer free to make our own decisions without breaking the law.. we are no longer free.  And one is less free if they are not in an economically strong position.. but that's a conversation for another forum.. 

My point all along has has been that decisions come with consequences. If we all lived in a vacuum I could care less what anyone else does.  But when someone's poor decision adversely affects others, it becomes problematic.  The case of not wearing a pfd is an example.  

On 6/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, JimK said:

I wish I was alive in the 1800's when Americans were truly free. 

Yep, those were the days ... unless of course you were black, or yellow, or red, or poor and indentured to some monopolistic robber Barron, or you caught small pox, or had to wipe yourself with poison oak leaves because TP was invented yet, or just wanted a hot shower to clean off ... yessir personal freedoms ...

Some folks need to get out of this country and see how people live in the rest of the world…

brings a new level of appreciation of our “freedom”