You ever say "no more" to tackle?

Rate this topic

55555s

I'm not a total loon like a lot (most?) of you guys, but like all of us I've accumulated a lot of gear, lures, and terminal tackle over the years.

We recently moved and I am going through boxes, containers, bags, consolidating and just figuring out what I have.    I had everything laid out in front of me, thinking damn.  Thats a lot of stuff.  And then a couple days later we came across one of those big tote crates in the garage... an entire crate filled with...  

Holy crap.    

I am seriously thinking of not purchasing ANYTHING until I use up some of the stock of what I have.

Or is this a weak moment and it'll pass?

( Also bumping some "organizing your gear" threads.  )

2 mins ago, 55555s said:

I am seriously thinking of not purchasing ANYTHING until I use up some of the stock of what I have.

Nothing to worry about

We all have weak moment and it will pass soon.

As soon as you hit first garage sale with some fishing equipment.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

58 mins ago, 55555s said:

I'm not a total loon like a lot (most?) of you guys, but like all of us I've accumulated a lot of gear, lures, and terminal tackle over the years.

We recently moved and I am going through boxes, containers, bags, consolidating and just figuring out what I have.    I had everything laid out in front of me, thinking damn.  Thats a lot of stuff.  And then a couple days later we came across one of those big tote crates in the garage... an entire crate filled with...  

Holy crap.    

It will only last until the next time you are in the tackle shop!!  

You will see a lure you just gotta have.  You will buy 3  of them…probably not use them…then a week later you will find a box with 2 of the same lures you purchased and forgot about a year ago.

Happens to me all the time.

Edited by Tom Rowe
Spelling

59 mins ago, 55555s said:

Holy crap.    

I think your wife took over your SOL account!

1 hour ago, 55555s said:

Holy crap.    

blah.JPG

I haven't bought a rod or a reel since 2018.  If something breaks, I will replace it.  Other than that, I'm done.  I threw out a 5 gallon bucketful of out-of-favor soft plastics a couple days ago... tossed about 50 plugs last year... only stuff that gets used gets kept, anymore.

4 mins ago, Slacker said:

I haven't bought a rod or a reel since 2018.  If something breaks, I will replace it.  Other than that, I'm done.  I threw out a 5 gallon bucketful of out-of-favor soft plastics a couple days ago... tossed about 50 plugs last year... only stuff that gets used gets kept, anymore.

Sounds smart. I don’t think I’m ready for such a mature and responsible move like that just yet. 

4 mins ago, SeaZen 21 said:

Sounds smart. I don’t think I’m ready for such a mature and responsible move like that just yet. 

That maturity only comes after packing and moving all that stuff to a new house and then realizing 8 years later that it hadn't been touched since the move and probably never would be, LOL.  

Now, if it doesn't fit in either of two plug bags or in the freshwater milk crate, it has got to go.  In a world where you can order stuff today and it is here tomorrow, I don't need to maintain my own personal tackle shop in the garage anymore.