Landing Net Suggestions For Jetty Fishing

Rate this topic

Bvk_NJ_Stripes

On 6/10/2022 at 1:26 PM, Bvk_NJ_Stripes said:

Thanks very much for the info! I'm not looking for something necessarily that will allow me to land the fish from the top of the jetty, but something for when i'm going down the rocks and then be able to lift the net with the handle pointed upright rather than horizontal for those last few feet (in the case i'm unable to get the fish to an ideal spot or beach it like you said, and need to get as far down as possible to then use the net). 

It definitely seems like rigging something myself for this scenario is the way to go. Lots of good info. 

check out ranger net,my frend pick one up,good quality,it will work for you for sure..

you can make your own,make hoop from 3/4" electrical conduit,order basket and fit with 2 screws and wing nuts to painters handle,it work good to.

12 hours ago, snag777 said:

check out ranger net,my frend pick one up,good quality,it will work for you for sure..

you can make your own,make hoop from 3/4" electrical conduit,order basket and fit with 2 screws and wing nuts to painters handle,it work good to.

Awesome thanks very much for the recommendation this definitely looks like a perfect solution 

Take a look at EGO S2 nets.  They have extendable handles of different lengths (longest is 48 inches that extends to 108), and a variety of nets and other tools that you can attach to the handle.  

40 inch fish is over 20 lbs, landing such fish with a net could be a stretch…

I have two handles and a medium rubber net, but I used it for freshwater only. Very happy with the quality though.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, occasional_surfcaster said:

you probably need something like this (see attached photo). It is telescopic 67 inches folded and up to 13 feet unfolded. The net radius is 2 feet. Stainless steel for saltwater. 

net1.jpg

net2.jpg

net3.jpg

Occasional Where did you get this net?

On 6/10/2022 at 6:13 AM, pakalolo said:

Use heavy enough tackle to lift fish to 10 lbs additionally use a leader at least 5' of no less than 50 lb test, makes a great handle. You need to be able to get down to the water level and deal with any fish you may catch . Nets and jetties don't go together.

So true and lip gaffing is utter BS.