flyangler

Missouri River, MT - July 4-11 - Pre-Trip Discussion & Trip Report

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, flyangler said:

It happens. I don't mind nymphing, actually enjoy it, just not as much as on top to dries. 

 

Curious, why 30 hookups and only 10 to the net? That seems quite low ratio? 

I don't know the area. 

Lower river- below Livingston.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titleguy said:

Lower river- below Livingston.  

what does you son do? guide? pro-am guest? fly fishing "model"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, flyangler said:

It happens. I don't mind nymphing, actually enjoy it, just not as much as on top to dries. 

 

Curious, why 30 hookups and only 10 to the net? That seems quite low ratio? 

I don't know the area. 

He gets a lot of inexperienced anglers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flyangler said:

what does you son do? guide? pro-am guest? fly fishing "model"?

Guide, ski instructor and erstwhile college student.   The outfitter he works for most frequently is based in Livingston, but when he is not booked he will take other trips, walk & wade on Spring Creeks, Madison, etc.   One of his Big Sky buddies is involved with Skwala, so that's how he got that gig.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, titleguy said:

Guide, ski instructor and erstwhile college student.   The outfitter he works for most frequently is based in Livingston, but when he is not booked he will take other trips, walk & wade on Spring Creeks, Madison, etc.   One of his Big Sky buddies is involved with Skwala, so that's how he got that gig.  

Living large! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.