codfish

South Shore fish reports

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Pretty big moon tide coming up. Certainly stronger than the last one. Maybe that'll stir up the pot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Hit or miss at the moment. Hopefully it picks up this weekend.

:th:I will try and post some pics starting Friday:th:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 mins ago, codfish said:

:th:I will try and post some pics starting Friday:th:

NSRWA tournament is this weekend so I’d expect spots to be loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

NSRWA tournament is this weekend so I’d expect spots to be loaded.

Never any big fish around for that tourney. I'll be waiting on shore for a friend to deliver a big boat caught fish to me so I can win and split the prize money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

day 1 fish report , fished back waters, things started out with mostly small fish but then larger fish started to show, me and some friends fished hard with clams, eels, sea worms, SP minnows, but soft plastics is what accounted for almost all the fish.

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2:) fishing started slow this AM but then it turned on this only 1 fish 28 or larger:) tried swim baits but all they wanted were squid baits

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, beerdoh said:

Never any big fish around for that tourney. I'll be waiting on shore for a friend to deliver a big boat caught fish to me so I can win and split the prize money. 

Solid assessment. I just checked the leaderboard out of curiosity and as of now the biggest shore fish is 33”. Pretty dismal unless they are waiting on late entries.
 

PSA: Don’t bother fishing the south shore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pickerel92 said:

Solid assessment. I just checked the leaderboard out of curiosity and as of now the biggest shore fish is 33”. Pretty dismal unless they are waiting on late entries.
 

PSA: Don’t bother fishing the south shore.

Up to 36" now. I fished hard Friday night and Saturday night at multiple different spots. Lost a decent one Friday night and didn't have another tap all weekend. All the bait just seemed to disappear. Not sure if I'll do the tournament again, took the fun out of it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, codfish said:

Day 2:) fishing started slow this AM but then it turned on this only 1 fish 28 or larger:) tried swim baits but all they wanted were squid baits

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

Day 3 looks iffy with Thunder storms at 5AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Up to 36" now. I fished hard Friday night and Saturday night at multiple different spots. Lost a decent one Friday night and didn't have another tap all weekend. All the bait just seemed to disappear. Not sure if I'll do the tournament again, took the fun out of it for me.

I won it with the 36, got it a couple hrs before the deadline and was pretty surprised that it was the biggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcnar said:

I won it with the 36, got it a couple hrs before the deadline and was pretty surprised that it was the biggest.

Hell yeah man, Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 3 of 3 Started out waiting thill the treat of thunder storms passed, ok pick this morning with most fish around 25-30 inches. The South Shore fishing is in the books for me, back to my lobster boat, tight lines. Pics are from this AM

DSCF0118.JPG

DSCF0119.JPG

DSCF0121.JPG

DSCF0128.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.