codfish

South Shore fish reports

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Pretty big moon tide coming up. Certainly stronger than the last one. Maybe that'll stir up the pot. 

15 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Hit or miss at the moment. Hopefully it picks up this weekend.

:th:I will try and post some pics starting Friday:th:

32 mins ago, codfish said:

:th:I will try and post some pics starting Friday:th:

NSRWA tournament is this weekend so I’d expect spots to be loaded.

2 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

NSRWA tournament is this weekend so I’d expect spots to be loaded.

Never any big fish around for that tourney. I'll be waiting on shore for a friend to deliver a big boat caught fish to me so I can win and split the prize money. 

day 1 fish report , fished back waters, things started out with mostly small fish but then larger fish started to show, me and some friends fished hard with clams, eels, sea worms, SP minnows, but soft plastics is what accounted for almost all the fish.

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

Day 2:) fishing started slow this AM but then it turned on this only 1 fish 28 or larger:) tried swim baits but all they wanted were squid baits

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

On 6/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, beerdoh said:

Never any big fish around for that tourney. I'll be waiting on shore for a friend to deliver a big boat caught fish to me so I can win and split the prize money. 

Solid assessment. I just checked the leaderboard out of curiosity and as of now the biggest shore fish is 33”. Pretty dismal unless they are waiting on late entries.

PSA: Don’t bother fishing the south shore.

1 hour ago, Pickerel92 said:

Solid assessment. I just checked the leaderboard out of curiosity and as of now the biggest shore fish is 33”. Pretty dismal unless they are waiting on late entries.

PSA: Don’t bother fishing the south shore.

Up to 36" now. I fished hard Friday night and Saturday night at multiple different spots. Lost a decent one Friday night and didn't have another tap all weekend. All the bait just seemed to disappear. Not sure if I'll do the tournament again, took the fun out of it for me.

11 hours ago, codfish said:

Day 2:) fishing started slow this AM but then it turned on this only 1 fish 28 or larger:) tried swim baits but all they wanted were squid baits

DSCF0107.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

Day 3 looks iffy with Thunder storms at 5AM

10 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Up to 36" now. I fished hard Friday night and Saturday night at multiple different spots. Lost a decent one Friday night and didn't have another tap all weekend. All the bait just seemed to disappear. Not sure if I'll do the tournament again, took the fun out of it for me.

I won it with the 36, got it a couple hrs before the deadline and was pretty surprised that it was the biggest.

1 hour ago, mcnar said:

I won it with the 36, got it a couple hrs before the deadline and was pretty surprised that it was the biggest.

Hell yeah man, Congrats!

Day 3 of 3 Started out waiting thill the treat of thunder storms passed, ok pick this morning with most fish around 25-30 inches. The South Shore fishing is in the books for me, back to my lobster boat, tight lines. Pics are from this AM

DSCF0118.JPG

DSCF0119.JPG

DSCF0121.JPG

DSCF0128.JPG